Table of Contents
- Why go to Grenada?
- What is Grenada famous for?
- Fun Facts about Grenada
- How big is Grenada?
- When is the best time to visit Grenada?
- How many days do you need to see Grenada?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Grenada?
- Is Grenada an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Grenada?
- What food (and drinks) is Grenada known for?
- Is Grenada safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Grenada?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Grenada?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Grenada?
- Is Grenada a good place for solo travel?
- Is Grenada a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Grenada a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Grenada?
Why go to Grenada?
You must visit Grenada at least once in your lifetime because it offers everything you’ll love about the Caribbean. Such as the authentic culture and local food you won’t find back home. You will find ample outdoor activities; spectacular beaches with more than two miles of white sand and turquoise waters; lovely shaded areas; plenty of restaurants, bars, and fun activities.
- Annandale Falls
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
- Coastline Explorer Adventure
- Concord Falls
- Douglaston Spice Estate
- Fort Frederick
- Fort Matthew
- Grand Anse Beach
- Grand Etang National Park & Forest Reserve
- Grenada Fish Market
- Grenada National Museum
- House of Chocolate
- Laura’s Herb and Spice Garden
- Levera National Park
- Palm Tree Garden
- River Tubing Adventure
- Royal Mt. Carmel Waterfalls
- Sunnyside Garden
- Umbrella’s Beach Bar
- Underwater Sculpture Park
What is Grenada famous for?
Grenada is famous for vacationers because of its beautiful beaches. That’s not the case in Grenada, either. Grande Anse is the island’s most popular beach, with more than two miles of white sand and turquoise waves, a variety of restaurants, bars, and exciting activities to choose from.
Fun Facts about Grenada
- The island was founded by Christopher Columbus in 1498, and he dubbed it Concepcion.
- The world’s first underwater sculpture park is located in Grenada.
- Grenada is known as the “Island of Spice” because of its abundance of spices.
- Civilians in the nation are prohibited from wearing any sort of camouflage.
- The country’s symbolic bird, the Grenada dove, is found only in Grenada. It’s listed as severely endangered since barely a hundred of them are left in the wild.
How big is Grenada?
Grenada is about 349 square km or 135 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Grenada?
The best time to visit Grenada is the months between mid-December and mid-April. If you’re looking for a picture-perfect vacation, these are the best months since they have the least rainfall.
How many days do you need to see Grenada?
Two days will be sufficient for you to get familiar with the city’s most popular tourist destinations while making some cursory acquaintance with the local way of life.
What is the cheapest time to go to Grenada?
The low season (flights) to visit Grenada is in September. The months of January, November, and December are regarded as the high season.
Is Grenada an expensive city to visit?
According to previous travelers, you can expect to spend an average of EC$640 ($237) daily on your Grenada holiday. For a single day’s worth of meals and local transportation, previous visitors have paid an average of EC$134 ($50) and EC$35 ($13).
How to save money when visiting Grenada?
The best ways to save money when visiting Grenada are:
- Consider buying in bulk.
- See if you can find any freebies.
- Use the public transit system instead of driving.
- Check out the rental businesses in the area.
What food (and drinks) is Grenada known for?
Things you need to eat in Grenada before you die:
- Fried Bake and Saltfish
- Lambie Souse
- Callaloo Soup
- Curry Goat
Is Grenada safe to visit?
Grenada is safer than most American cities, but it’s best to avoid being alone in less frequented areas and to take every care to prevent unpleasant situations.
What is the best way to get around in Grenada?
The best way to get around in Grenada are:
- Mini Bus
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Grenada?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Grenada are:
- Laluna Boutique Hotel & Villas
- Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel
- Petite Anse Hotel
- Mount Edgecombe Plantation Hotel
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Grenada are:
- BB’s Crabback
- Umbrellas Beach Bar
- Andy’s Soup House
- Gouyave Fish Fry
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Grenada are:
- Art and Soul Gallery
- Paradise Glass Art Gallery and Coffee Bar
- Grand Anse Shopping Centre
- Market Square Crafts
What should I do on my first trip to Grenada?
If you are visiting Grenada for the first time, visit the island of Grenada, which is particularly well known for all of the water activities that it offers, and you’ll discover possibilities to snorkel, kayak, sail, and scuba dive, among other things. You can also go island hopping, experience local culinary tours, and hit the hiking trails.
Is Grenada a good place for solo travel?
Grenada has so many great things when traveling solo that it’s hard to pick just one. Aside from the beautiful beaches, the locals make you feel safe and welcome, and the air smells of spices. The landscape is stunning, with Grand Etang Lake, waterfalls, a beautiful town, and a lot of history. You can sit on the beach and listen to music while watching the sunset, relaxing and recharging.
Is Grenada a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Grenada as a family with kids, you will love Grenada. It has some of the Caribbean’s greatest white-sand beaches and snorkeling, with an underwater sculpture park to explore. Hiking in the rainforest, swimming in waterfalls, and sampling chocolate are just a few available activities.
Is Grenada a good place for couples?
When visiting Grenada as a couple, the Underwater Sculpture Park at the Molinere Beauséjour Marine Area is a must-see for scuba diving couples. You can explore the island by trekking its pathways. Untamed paths are replete with stunning surprises, from picturesque waterfalls to rare fauna. Grenada’s smooth, sandy beaches are a honeymoon must-see. Relax all day with beverages and the Caribbean Sea views. Grenada has several cultural events each year, featuring music, gastronomy, and more that you can visit with your partner. You can browse luxury hotels and resorts in Grenada to locate your perfect honeymoon lodging.
What are the best annual events in Grenada?
The best annual events in Grenada that you cannot miss are
- Carriacou Carnival in March
- Port Louis Grenada Sailing Festival in January
- Spice Mas (Grenada Carnival ) in August
- Carriacou Panrang Festival in December
- Independence Day in February