Table of Contents
- Why go to Saint Lucia?
- What is Saint Lucia famous for?
- Fun Facts about Saint Lucia
- How big is Saint Lucia?
- When is the best time to visit Saint Lucia?
- How many days do you need to see Saint Lucia?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Saint Lucia?
- Is Saint Lucia an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Saint Lucia?
- What food (and drinks) is Saint Lucia known for?
- Is Saint Lucia safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Saint Lucia?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Saint Lucia?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Saint Lucia?
- Is Saint Lucia a good place for solo travel?
- Is Saint Lucia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Saint Lucia a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Saint Lucia?
Why go to Saint Lucia?
You must visit Saint Lucia at least once in your lifetime because it has magnificent hotels and lavish resorts. St. Lucia is unquestionably an island paradise, so many people visit the island yearly. A trip to St. Lucia will be a lifetime memory.
- Castries Central Market
- Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception
- Derek Walcott Square
- Diamond Botanical Gardens
- Edmund Rainforest Reserve
- Eudovic’s Art Studio
- Gros Piton
- La Soufrière Volcano
- Marigot Bay
- Morne Coubaril Estate
- Morne Fortuné
- Pigeon Island National Landmark
- Piton Waterfalls
- Reduit Beach
- Sault Falls
- Splash Island Water Park Saint Lucia
- St. Lucia Aerial Tram
- Sulphur Springs
- Superman Falls
- Tet Paul Nature Trail
- Toraille Waterfall
What is Saint Lucia famous for?
Saint Lucia is famous for its white-sand beaches, crystal-clear waters, and excellent opportunities for snorkeling. Since the 1700s, it has been famous for its natural cocoa cultivation. To honor this tradition, several hotels offer various chocolate-related services to their guests.
Fun Facts about Saint Lucia
- Saint Lucia is home to the world’s only drive-in volcano
- St. Lucia is a chocolate lover’s paradise.
- Only one country in the world is named after a woman, Saint Lucia.
- The economy of Saint Lucia depends a lot on tourism, and most of the people who live there work in the tourism industry
- Saint Lucia’s only World Heritage Site is the Pitons.
How big is Saint Lucia?
Saint Lucia is about 617 square km or 238 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Saint Lucia?
The best time to visit Saint Lucia is the months of December to April.
How many days do you need to see Saint Lucia?
There are plenty of opportunities for exploration on land and at sea in St. Lucia in just three days. This allows you to taste what makes this Caribbean island so appealing.
What is the cheapest time to go to Saint Lucia?
The low season (flights) to visit Saint Lucia is May to November.
Is Saint Lucia an expensive city to visit?
St. Lucia’s hotel and resort rates are among the most affordable in the Caribbean, making it one of the most cost-effective getaways.
How to save money when visiting Saint Lucia?
The best ways to save money when visiting Saint Lucia are:
- Meet some of the locals.
- Cheap lodging is what you should be looking for.
- Look for discounts and bargains when you’re shopping.
- Indulge in the beauty of the world around you.
What food (and drinks) is Saint Lucia known for?
Things you need to eat in Saint Lucia before you die:
- Bouyon – On Saint Lucia, the thick and tasty soup called “bouyon” comes in many different flavors.
- Cacao tea – is the Caribbean’s counterpart to hot chocolate.
- Pepperpot – After a taste, you’ll want to learn how to cook pepper pot at home, a famous Caribbean cuisine.
- Piton beer is the most famous local brew, and this pilsner beer will quench your thirst and leave you craving more of the island’s cuisine.
Is Saint Lucia safe to visit?
It’s safe enough for families to travel to St. Lucia. Although crime exists, as it does everywhere, the area has a thriving tourism industry and several resorts that are exceptionally well-suited to travelers’ needs.
What is the best way to get around in Saint Lucia?
The best way to get around in Saint Lucia are:
- By Car – Driving around the island is the best way to see it at your own pace.
- Water taxis – are a faster and more environmentally friendly way to get around on waterways and in coastal towns than driving.
- Buses – The minibus is most citizens’ main form of public transit.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Saint Lucia?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Saint Lucia are:
- The Cap Maison – a beachfront boutique hotel. On the Caribbean side, close to the island of Gros Islet. Golfers will appreciate its proximity to Cap Estate Golf Club.
- Bay Gardens – sits right on the beach and is just a short walk from Rodney Bay. A great option for families.
- Royalton St. Lucia Resort and Spa – It’s a great place for families, but there’s also an adult-only zone.
- Calabash Cove – is a luxurious private all-inclusive resort and retreat that caters exclusively to adults.
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Saint Lucia are:
- Boucan Hotel Restaurant
- Martha’s Tables
- The Naked Fisherman Beach Bar & Grill
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Saint Lucia are:
- Castries Market
- Sea Island Cotton Shop
- The Pink Plantation House
- The Image Tree
What should I do on my first trip to Saint Lucia?
If you are visiting Saint Lucia for the first time, start your journey at The Pitons. Gros Piton and Petit Piton have been designated as UNESCO World Heritage Sites because of their imposing beauty. The lush mountain peaks of Saint Lucia are the island’s most recognizable feature and should be at the top of your to-do list when you visit. A romantic catamaran trip along the shore to visit the twin peaks is a popular way of seeing them.
Is Saint Lucia a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you are free to do whatever you want, whenever you want. St. Lucia is a wonderful place to meet new people if you’re traveling alone. There’s nothing wrong with being on your own. In fact, you’ll find it a lot easier to meet new individuals if you’re alone. Take a day off from work, spend it relaxing on the beach with an e-book, and then eat a delicious lunch yourself.
Is Saint Lucia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Saint Lucia as a family with kids, you are at the right destination. St. Lucia is the ideal vacation spot for families. Despite its relatively low profile, the beautiful Caribbean island is a hidden treasure. There are two spectacular mountains on the island, the Pitons, which are almost 2,000 feet above sea level. Parents and children alike can enjoy a wide range of activities together.
Is Saint Lucia a good place for couples?
You can try an adventurous hike together when visiting Saint Lucia as a couple. St. Lucia’s Tet Paul Nature Trail is a famous trekking route. An easy, 45-minute hike to the top of Mount Pitons and beautiful scenery of the Caribbean Sea awaits you and your partner. It is also possible to climb to the top of Gros Piton for a once-in-a-lifetime encounter for those who are physically healthy enough.
What are the best annual events in Saint Lucia?
The best annual events in Saint Lucia that you cannot miss are
- Saint Lucia Carnival in July
- La Rose Flower Festival in August
- Saint Lucia Dive Fest in September
- Creole Heritage Month in October
- Mango Bowl Regatta in November