Table of Contents
- Why go to Burkina Faso?
- What is Burkina Faso famous for?
- Fun Facts about Burkina Faso
- How big is Burkina Faso?
- When is the best time to visit Burkina Faso?
- How many days do you need to see Burkina Faso?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Burkina Faso?
- Is Burkina Faso an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Burkina Faso?
- What food (and drinks) is Burkina Faso known for?
- Is Burkina Faso safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Burkina Faso?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Burkina Faso?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Burkina Faso?
- Is Burkina Faso a good place for solo travel?
- Is Burkina Faso a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Burkina Faso a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Burkina Faso?
Why go to Burkina Faso?
You must visit Burkina Faso at least once in your lifetime because cultural activities abound in Burkina Faso. Burkina’s two main towns, Ouagadougou and Bobo-Dioulasso, are known for their rich musical heritage and exquisite handicrafts. Despite the country’s relatively limited tourist infrastructure. Burkina Faso’s greatest treasures are found in the country’s remotest regions. Where you’ll find undulating savannah, fascinating geology, and the distinctive culture and genuine friendliness of the Burkinabé.
- Burkina Faso
- Arli National Park, Tapoa Province
- Bangr-Weogo, Ouagadougou
- Bobo-Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
- Bobo-Dioulasso Grand Mosque
- Cour royale de Tiébélé
- Gorom Gorom, Burkina Faso
- Lake Tengrela, Tingrela
- Musée de Bendrologie de Manéga
- Musée de la Musique
- National Museum of Ouagadougou
- Nazinga Reserve
- Ouagadougou Cathedral
- Pan-African Film and Television Festival of Ouagadougou
- Sacred Crocodile, Sabou
- Pics de Sindou, Banfora
- Stade Du 4 Août, Ouagadougou
- Tiebele Painted Houses
- W National Park
- Ziniare Wildlife Park
What is Burkina Faso famous for?
Burkina Faso is famous for leading African art and culture and has Africa’s largest handmade market. Burkina Faso has West Africa’s most elephants. National parks, UNESCO Biosphere reserve, Complete Reserves, 6 Partial Reserves, and protected forests.
Fun Facts about Burkina Faso
- According to the country’s moniker, Burkina Faso is “The Land of Honest Men.”
- The nation’s largest export is gold, followed by cotton and animal goods. Apparently, Burkina Faso is one of Africa’s foremost producers of cotton. The local farmers recognize cotton as their ‘white gold’ since it provides a substantial share of the country’s economy.
- There are more than 60 ethnic groups in Burkina Faso, and each has a distinctive style of folk music. The Mossi are the country’s most populous ethnic group.
- It is one of the poorest countries in the world, with roughly 44 percent of its population living under the poverty line.
- The country’s history extends back to pre-historic periods. Relics demonstrate that Burkina Faso is home to one of the oldest human settlements in West Africa. People were hunter-gatherers and subsequently became farmers.
How big is Burkina Faso?
Burkina Faso is about 274,400 square km or 105946.43 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Burkina Faso?
The best time to visit Burkina Faso is the months of October to December.
How many days do you need to see Burkina Faso?
You will get the opportunity to discover the splendor of Burkina Faso while traveling around the country’s many tourist destinations over two weeks.
What is the cheapest time to go to Burkina Faso?
The low season (flights) to visit Burkina Faso is in the months of March.
Is Burkina Faso an expensive city to visit?
It is not that expensive to travel to Burkina Faso. When planning your trip to Burkina Faso, you should budget around CFA14,870 ($24) per day for lodging, food, and transportation. One day’s worth of food and transportation costs CFA3,292 ($5.31) and CFA5,369 ($8.66), respectively.
How to save money when visiting Burkina Faso?
The best ways to save money when visiting Burkina Faso are:
- Shop at local stores
- Pack Snacks
- Buy less
What food (and drinks) is Burkina Faso known for?
Things you need to eat in Burkina Faso before you die:
Is Burkina Faso safe to visit?
Although Burkina Faso isn’t precisely recognized as a safe destination, the country’s safety standards are comparable to that of most African nations. This area has a high incidence of petty crime, bandits, and fraud. Thus, if you are an intrepid traveler who is not easily frightened, you should visit but take all necessary precautions.
What is the best way to get around in Burkina Faso?
The best way to get around in Burkina Faso are:
- Taxis and Car Rentals
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Burkina Faso?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Burkina Faso are:
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Burkina Faso are:
- La Perle
- Benoua Lodge
- Restaurant Cappuccino
- Restaurant Belvedere
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Burkina Faso are:
- Ouagadougou Markets
- Village Artisanal de Ouagadougou
- Ma Copine Femmes & Créativité
What should I do on my first trip to Burkina Faso?
If you are visiting Burkina Faso for the first time, you must visit the Cathedral of Ouagadougou. Known as the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception of Ouagadougou. Its large Roman Catholic cathedral can be found in the capital city of Ouagadougou, within the landlocked country in West Africa, Burkina Faso.
Is Burkina Faso a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must visit Burkina Faso because it is a peaceful nation with hospitable people. You will meet pleasant folks saying bonne arrivée all the time. People in Burkina Faso are welcoming; therefore, it’s safe to travel alone.
Is Burkina Faso a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Burkina Faso as a family with kids, your journey to the Village Artisanal de Ouagadougou will be a wonderful experience for the entire family. It is well-known for the depth and breadth of its artistic heritage. You may observe skilled artisans at work making and painting handcrafted textiles, as well as wood souvenirs and exquisite statues in the national style, at this location. One may easily pass a whole day having fun in this charming town. One of the experts would kindly conduct a master class for the guests and teach them how to produce authentic national souvenirs for a nominal cost.
Is Burkina Faso a good place for couples?
When visiting Burkina Faso as a couple, you must know all the romantic places in Burkina Faso. There are lots of spots where you can bring your loved one.
What are the best annual events in Burkina Faso?
The best annual events in Burkina Faso that you cannot miss are
- Festival International de la Culture Hip Hop in October
- Ascension Day in May
- Eid al-Adha in the month of July
- Tabaski Festival in July
- Festival des Masques et des Artes from February to March