Table of Contents
- Why go to Niger?
- What is Niger famous for?
- Fun Facts about Niger
- How big is Niger?
- When is the best time to visit Niger?
- How many days do you need to see Niger?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Niger?
- Is Niger an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Niger?
- What food (and drinks) is Niger known for?
- Is Niger safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Niger?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Niger?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Niger?
- Is Niger a good place for solo travel?
- Is Niger a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Niger a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Niger?
Why go to Niger?
You must visit Niger at least once in your lifetime because breathtaking landscapes, unique species, historical relics, and sand dunes can be found here. Few countries have been able to maintain their cultural heritage for so long, and Niger is one of them.
- Abaaba National Park
- African Food
- Mango Cafe
- Night Life
- W National Park
What is Niger famous for?
Niger is famous for its landscapes and fauna. The country’s name derives from the Niger River, which runs through its area. The Sahara Desert covers the majority of the country’s territory.
Fun Facts about Niger
- Nigeria is one of the world’s most underdeveloped nations.
- Niger is home to dinosaur fossils.
- Only 2.8% of Niger’s land is used for agriculture.
- Countless reserves and national parks safeguard Niger’s wildlife.
- Niger is referred to as the “Frying Pan of the World.”
How big is Niger?
Niger is about 1,270,000 square km or 490,000 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Niger?
The best time to visit Niger is the months of November to April.
How many days do you need to see Niger?
Two days is enough time to see all the country has to offer in terms of safer areas.
What is the cheapest time to go to Niger?
The low season (flights) to visit Niger is in February.
Is Niger an expensive city to visit?
A daily budget of 4,050 pesos (hostels and public transportation) is needed for two people to stay in a standard hotel close to a one-star hotel.
How to save money when visiting Niger?
The best ways to save money when visiting Niger are:
- Consider going on a trip in the off-season.
- Stay at a low-cost hotel or motel.
- Take advantage of organized walking tours.
- Dine at local establishments.
What food (and drinks) is Niger known for?
Things you need to eat in Niger before you die:
- Jollof rice – is a traditional West African meal made with long-grain rice. Tomatoes, onions, garlic, and other vegetables are used to prepare this dish.
- Camel meat – is a popular delicacy in Niger. Medium-rare camel meat is popular due to its lean texture.
- Dounguouri Soko – Meat, veggies, spices, and other components come together in this classic Niger stew.
- Bissap Juice
Is Niger safe to visit?
To sum up, Niger is a dangerous place to visit. Traveling to Niger can be challenging because of the country’s political chaos and the UN’s designation of it as one of the world’s most important drug smuggling ports.
What is the best way to get around in Niger?
The best way to get around in Niger are:
- Car Hire
- By Taxi
- By Rail
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Niger?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Niger are:
- Radisson Blu Hotel and Conference Center
- Noom Hotel
- Bravia Hotel Niamey
- Hotel Terminus
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Niger are:
- Le Pilier
- Le Diamangou
- La Cascade
- Le Dragon d’Or
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Niger are:
- Centres des Métiers d’ Art de Niger
- Grand Marche
What should I do on my first trip to Niger?
If you are visiting Niger for the first time, make sure that you do your research and pre-planning. You should be aware of the parts of Niger where you can safely travel, as the country is not currently safe, and many areas should be avoided at all costs. But despite this, the area has a lot to offer visitors. Nothing else in Africa will have what this place has to offer.
Is Niger a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, your safety must be your top priority. Traveling to this country could be fun if you’re young or adventurous. However, it’s still a good idea to stay close to the group of tourists for safety purposes.
Is Niger a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Niger as a family with kids, you can visit Koure. It’s the best place to look for giraffes. Long-necked animals graze in the region’s untamed surroundings, giving the small city its claim to fame in the Sahelian environment. They are thought to be the only giraffes in West Africa.
Is Niger a good place for couples?
When visiting Niger as a couple, you can spend your time together at Ayorou. Niger’s Ayorou is a popular tourist destination. This bustling market is a great place to start exploring before venturing to see hippopotamuses sputtering and chowing down on typical Sahelian street food.
What are the best annual events in Niger?
The best annual events in Niger that you cannot miss are
- Easter Monday in April or May
- Nigerien Independence Day in August
- Cure Salee in September
- Eid al Fitr in September to November
- Tabaski in December or January