Table of Contents
- Why go to Kenya?
- What is Kenya famous for?
- Fun Facts about Kenya
- How big is Kenya?
- When is the best time to visit Kenya?
- How many days do you need to see Kenya?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Kenya?
- Is Kenya an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Kenya?
- What food (and drinks) is Kenya known for?
- Is Kenya safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Kenya?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Kenya?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Kenya?
- Is Kenya a good place for solo travel?
- Is Kenya a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Kenya a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Kenya?
Why go to Kenya?
You must visit Kenya at least once in your lifetime because some of the world’s most abundant species may be found in its national parks, reserves, and private conservation areas. Kenya is full of natural beauty and different cultures, so there are many reasons to go there.
- Akamba Handicrafts
- Colobus Conservation
- Diani Beach
- Fort Jesus Museum
- Giraffe Manor
- Haller Park
- Hippo Point
- Jumba La Mtwana
- Karura Forest
- Kisumu Impala Sanctuary
- Lake Nakuru National Park
- Maasai Mara National Reserve
- Mamba Village Centre
- Mida Creek
- Mombasa Marine National Park
- Ol Pejeta Conservancy
- Sheldrick Wildlife Trust
- Tsavo National Park
- Watamu Marine National Park
- Wild Waters
What is Kenya famous for?
Kenya is famous for the Great Wildebeest Migration and the Big Five, two of Kenya’s most famous attractions. Kenya is known for its world-class athletes, wide range of wildlife, and traditional savanna safaris. It is also a country with many dramatic differences and world records.
Fun Facts about Kenya
- There are 50 protected areas in Kenya.
- Kenya produced the first Nobel Peace Prize winner, who was a woman.
- Kenya has a wide range of climates.
- Kenyans can communicate in 68 different languages.
- In Kenya’s Lake Turkana, a large flamingo population may be found.
How big is Kenya?
Kenya is about 582,646 square km or 224961 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Kenya?
The best time to visit Kenya is the months of July, August, and September
The Great Migration of wildebeests and zebras takes place in Kenya from July to September, during the dry season. Kenya is at its most beautiful right now, so take advantage of the opportunity to come while you can.
How many days do you need to see Kenya?
If you want to see all of Kenya’s southern safari highlights, you need to plan a vacation that lasts at least five days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Kenya?
The low season (flights) to visit Kenya is in March to June and October to December.
There are several advantages to going on safari in Kenya or Tanzania outside of the busy tourist season. Traveling in the off-season is surprisingly affordable. It’s also possible to go to East Africa during the rainy season, which runs from March to June and October to December.
Is Kenya an expensive city to visit?
As a tourist, you may expect to pay a lot of money for your trip to Kenya. A trip to Kenya might cost as much as $4,000. You might save money, though, if you avoid popular tourist spots with people from other countries.
How to save money when visiting Kenya?
The best ways to save money when visiting Kenya are:
- The party can have a jeep safari.
- When possible, use public transportation as much as possible.
- Be Prepared for All Occasions
- Consider Taking the Long Way Home Most of the Day.
What food (and drinks) is Kenya known for?
Things you need to eat in Kenya before you die:
- Ugali (Cornmeal)
- Nyama Choma
- Tusker Beer
Is Kenya safe to visit?
Kenya is safe to travel in most areas. Every year, hundreds of Americans visit Kenya’s Masai Mara, Samburu, Amboseli, and Laikipia without incident. However, be careful. Don’t stroll after dark, especially on uninhabited beaches. Don’t carry much cash or wear expensive watches, jewelry, or emotional objects.
What is the best way to get around in Kenya?
The best ways to get around in Kenya are:
- Tuk-tuk taxis.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Kenya?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Kenya are:
- Angama Mara
- Giraffe Manor
- PrideInn Paradise Beach Resort & Spa
- Palacina Residence & Suites
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Kenya are:
- Aquamarine Restaurant
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Kenya are:
- City Market
- Gikomba Market
- Nyali Centre
- The West End Shopping Mall, Kisumu
What should I do on my first trip to Kenya?
If you are visiting Kenya for the first time, start by exploring the capital and largest city, Nairobi. Its colonial past, infrastructure, tea and coffee production, and wildlife reserves are noted. Come here to learn about Kenya’s history, culture, and fauna.
Is Kenya a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may find Kenya an ideal destination in Africa. It’s common for small safari camps and lodges to be quite social and welcoming. If you don’t mind dining with the other guests and participating in safari activities, your vacation won’t be completely alone.
Is Kenya a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Kenya as a family with kids, you may find everything from pristine wilderness to various neighborhoods and vibrant towns in this area. Because of the abundance of outdoor activities, animal sightings, and cultural attractions, Kenya is a popular choice for family vacations. Children of any age might enjoy planning their own expedition.
Is Kenya a good place for couples?
When visiting Kenya as a couple, you’ll enjoy Watamu’s Beach Paradise, which has beautiful, white shorelines, crystal-clear ocean waves, and exciting, water-based activities and provides a romantic haven for couples in need of some alone time. Kitesurfing, scuba diving, and a few local sights like Mida Creek and the old Gedi Ruins are just some of the activities available to couples in this area.
What are the best annual events in Kenya?
The best annual events in Kenya that you cannot miss are:
- Jamhuri Day in December
- Madaraka Day in June
- Nairobi International Jazz Festival in February
- East African Arts Festival in March
- Mombasa Carnival in November