Table of Contents
- Why go to Kiribati?
- What is Kiribati famous for?
- Fun Facts about Kiribati
- How big is Kiribati?
- When is the best time to visit Kiribati?
- How many days do you need to see Kiribati?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Kiribati?
- Is Kiribati an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Kiribati?
- What food (and drinks) is Kiribati known for?
- Is Kiribati safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Kiribati?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Kiribati?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Kiribati?
- Is Kiribati a good place for solo travel?
- Is Kiribati a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Kiribati a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Kiribati?
Why go to Kiribati?
You must visit Kiribati at least once in your lifetime because it is a less-traveled tourist hotspot. With tourism at an all-time high, inexpensive flights to popular areas, and an increasing number of visitors from other countries, it’s a rare gem to find an island that has retained its culture and land without the impact of other civilizations. Because of this, it’s a wonderful spot to visit.
- Abaiang Island
- Abemama Island
- Aranuka Island
- Beru Island
- Butaritari Island
- Christmas Island
- Copra Factory
- Fanning Islands
- Giant’s Footprints
- Kiribati National Library and Archives
- Kiribati Parliament Building
- Kuria Island
- Maiana Island
- Marakei Island
- Nikunau Island
- Phoenix Island Protected Area
- Sacred Heart Cathedral
- Tabiteuea Island
- World War II Battle Sights
What is Kiribati famous for?
Kiribati is famous for being one of the fastest-growing destinations in the world. There are 32 atolls in this group, and they are well-known for their beautiful beaches and stunning scenery. Every part of the island, from north to south, is a veritable playground for outdoor adventurers.
Fun Facts about Kiribati
- The island nation of Kiribati is nearly four times the size of the District of Columbia.
- Kiribati has a large Christian population.
- Kiribati is the first country to welcome the New Year, followed by countries worldwide.
- Only Kiribati can claim to be located in all four corners of the globe.
- This island was found by Captain James Cook on Christmas Eve, and he named it after it.
How big is Kiribati?
Kiribati is about 811 square km or 313 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Kiribati?
The best time to visit Kiribati is the months of June, July, August, and September
How many days do you need to see Kiribati?
Two to three days will be sufficient to see the best of what the country offers.
What is the cheapest time to go to Kiribati?
The low season (flights) to visit Kiribati is February and March.
Is Kiribati an expensive city to visit?
Kiribati is a budget-friendly destination. All around the islands, you’ll find a wide selection of quality and reasonably priced hotels, resorts, and guesthouses.
How to save money when visiting Kiribati?
The best ways to save money when visiting Kiribati are:
- Stay at a budget hotel or motel.
- Make your own meals at home.
- Consider Taking Public Transportation Instead of Driving.
- Take advantage of price discounts and coupons.
What food (and drinks) is Kiribati known for?
Things you need to eat in Kiribati before you die:
- Te bua toro ni baukin – a typical Kiribati dish composed primarily of meat and vegetables, is a must-try when visiting the island.
- Te Inai is a fish dish that is served in Hawaii. Bright reef fish is another common ingredient in this cuisine.
- Tea is highly popular in this area and can be found in pubs and restaurants.
- Coffee is also a part of the culture.
Is Kiribati safe to visit?
Traveling in Kiribati is typically safe. However, the nightlife in Beito and South Tarawa can be dangerous, especially for women alone.
What is the best way to get around in Kiribati?
The best way to get around in Kiribati are:
- Bus Services
- Car Rentals
- By Bicycle
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Kiribati?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Kiribati are:
- Lagoon View Resort
- Dreamers Guest House
- Utirerei Motel
- The Villages
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Kiribati are:
- South Tarawa
- Sky Lounge Restaurant
- Chatterbox Cafe
- Paradise Chinese
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Kiribati are:
- Betio SuperMarket
- Bariki Shopping Mall
- RAK Handicraft Centre
- Itoiningaina Handicraft Center
What should I do on my first trip to Kiribati?
If you are visiting Kiribati for the first time, Tarawa should be the first stop on your itinerary. Tarawa is home to one of the world’s most densely populated regions. It features a wide variety of religious and adventure-oriented attractions as a tourist destination. Also, history buffs will enjoy exploring the island nation of Kiribati because of its rich culture and heritage.
Is Kiribati a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you’ll have a great time alone in Kiribati because of the variety of sites to explore, foods to try, and experiences to take part in. It is a fantastic place for a solo trip since it is breathtakingly gorgeous and accessible to get to and explore.
Is Kiribati a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Kiribati as a family with kids, you can have a good time at Fanning Islands. Known locally as the Tabuaeran, it is one of Kiribati’s most popular tourist attractions. There are a variety of beaches on these gorgeous islands where you can relax and enjoy your holidays with your family.
Is Kiribati a good place for couples?
When visiting Kiribati as a couple, you can enjoy your time together at Christmas Island. There are many things to do on the Christmas Islands. It’s a top spot for bird-watching enthusiasts from around the globe. To get the most out of your trip with your loved one, consider booking a hotel that includes a bird-watching package. It’s also possible to go scuba diving. Wide varieties of fish, turtles, and WWII shipwrecks can be seen in the crystal blue water and unexplored environment.
What are the best annual events in Kiribati?
The best annual events in Kiribati that you cannot miss are
- New Year’s Day in January
- Independence Day in July
- Youth Day in August
- Christmas Day in December
- Kiribati Music and Dance Festival in July.