Table of Contents
- Why go to Paraguay?
- What is Paraguay famous for?
- Fun Facts about Paraguay
- How big is Paraguay?
- When is the best time to visit Paraguay?
- How many days do you need to see Paraguay?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Paraguay?
- Is Paraguay an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Paraguay?
- What food (and drinks) is Paraguay known for?
- What is the best way to get around in Paraguay?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Paraguay?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Paraguay?
- Is Paraguay a good place for solo travel?
- Is Paraguay a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Paraguay a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Paraguay?
Why go to Paraguay?
You must visit Paraguay at least once in your lifetime because the natural splendor of Paraguay extends from bleak desert to tumbling waterfalls and all in between. Visit the Reserva Cordillera San Rafael in the southeast of the country if you want to see the Atlantic woods of the country before they are wiped away by destruction. This reserve is located in the southeast corner of the country.
- Cerro Cora National Park
- Ciudad del Este
- Fabulous Festivals
- La Santisima Trinidad de Parana
- Local Food
- Museo del Barro
- Paraguay’s Pastime
- Playa de Areguá
- San Bernardino
- San Cosme y Damian
- San Estanislao
- Ybycui National Park
What is Paraguay famous for?
Paraguay is most well-known for being “the heart of South America” and “the country of water,” while “the island surrounded by the mainland” is another. Although it only has land borders, the navy of Paraguay is one of the largest in the world. Even though it is landlocked, Paraguay possesses the largest naval force of any country that does not have access to the ocean.
Fun Facts about Paraguay
- The greatest water reservoir in the world is located in the country of Paraguay.
- It is home to one of the planet’s most significant hydroelectric power plants.
- Most people in Paraguay can communicate in both Guaran and Spanish, as the country is officially recognized as a bilingual nation.
- It boasts the most powerful fleet of any country landlocked on the entire planet.
How big is Paraguay?
Paraguay is about 406,752 square km or 157,048 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Paraguay?
The best time to visit Paraguay is the months of March and November, when the weather is constantly warm, with temperatures ranging from 73 degrees Fahrenheit to 84 degrees Fahrenheit every day. It is great to travel to Paraguay at any time of the year. However, visitors should be aware that there are only two primary seasons: hot and extremely hot.
How many days do you need to see Paraguay?
Five days is ample time to see Asunción, Ciudad del Este, AND EITHER add extra day trips OR stop in Encarnación for restful days on Playa San José. El Chaco is the place to go if you are looking for an exciting journey or traveling by automobile. Despite this, the countryside of Paraguay can be difficult to navigate.
What is the cheapest time to go to Paraguay?
The low season (flights) to visit Paraguay is in February. The months of January, November, and December are regarded as the high season.
Is Paraguay an expensive city to visit?
You should budget around Gs448,341 (or USD 65) daily for your Paraguay holiday. This is the average daily price based on the expenditures of previous tourists who have traveled to the country. In the past, tourists have shelled out an average of Gs101,324 ($15) for a day’s worth of meals and Gs51,861 ($7.57) for transportation.
How to save money when visiting Paraguay?
The best ways to save money when visiting Paraguay are:
- Learn a bit of Spanish. For the most part, the locals will be able to recommend the greatest deals because English isn’t widely spoken here.
- Instead of paying for a guided tour, take long-distance and local buses to historical places.
- Rather than relying on an Uber or a taxi, go for a bus.
- Instead of going out to eat every meal, consider making your own.
What food (and drinks) is Paraguay known for?
Things you need to eat in Paraguay before you die:
- Paraguayan soup, or Sopa Paraguaya– cooked in milk or whey and flavored with milk or whey, cheese, eggs, and chopped onion
- Chipa Guasu (Savory Corn Cake)– This corn cake is made with eggs, water, fat, milk, fresh Paraguayan cheese, crisp corn on the cob, and a touch of salt.
- Pastel Mandi’o (Yuca Empanada)– This dish is a cassava-based empanada packed with beef and spices.
- Butifarra (White Sausage)– There are several health benefits to eating white sausage because of the flavorful ingredients (pork, garlic, bacon, and lemon juice).
What is the best way to get around in Paraguay?
The best way to get around in Paraguay are:
- Paraguay Taxis- prevalent in the major cities compared to other modes of transport in Paraguay, it is important to haggle the price before hopping in.
- Passenger Boats- Paraguay has approximately 1,900 miles of interior waterways, so you will probably take a boat ride during your visit.
- Buses– Public transportation in Paraguay is mostly reliant on buses. Urban buses have routes around the major cities, although they can take a long time to get there.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Paraguay?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Paraguay are:
- Villa Morra
- San Blas
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Paraguay are:
- Villa Morra
- Ciudad del Este
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Paraguay are:
- Paseo La Galeria
- Mercosur Shopping Mall
- Plaza Jesuítica
What should I do on my first trip to Paraguay?
If you are visiting Paraguay for the first time, it is recommended that you see Saltos Del Monday, a breathtaking landscape accented by the elegance of waterfalls. One of Paraguay’s most popular tourist attractions, this is a must-see for anybody visiting the country. The next significant highlight of the Paraguay journey is the La Santisima Trinidad De Parana. This ancient Jesuit convent is now a hidden gem. See Encarnacion, a Paraguayan town rarely visited by tourists, has many attractions to suit all tastes. The town’s famous Jesuit ruins, which are elaborately beautiful, are perched on a bluff above the Parana River.
Is Paraguay a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, there is no need to be concerned about your safety when taking local buses or coaches in Paraguay if you are backpacking there. The country of Paraguay has few risks, including petty crime, yet it is generally regarded as safe. If you take a few easy precautions, you should be fine.
Is Paraguay a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Paraguay as a family with kids, Paraguay is a popular destination for tourists who have already seen most of South America and are searching for a new experience. International visitors are few and few in Paraguay. Thus there are fewer kid-friendly activities and attractions.
Is Paraguay a good place for couples?
When visiting Paraguay as a couple, couples visiting Paraguay will have no shortage of things to do. It’s a lovely spot for a honeymoon, full of romance. Not only that, but it’s home to some of the most intriguing and enigmatic landscapes in the world, drawing in tourists in droves. You should plan a vacation to Paraguay if you have the time to see these stunning locations.
What are the best annual events in Paraguay?
The best annual events in Paraguay that you cannot miss are
- Día de San Blas in February
- Verbena de San Juan in May
- Nanduti Festival in July
- Ypacaraí (Festival del Lago) Festival in August and September