Table of Contents
- Why go to Gaithersburg?
- What is Gaithersburg famous for?
- Fun Facts about Gaithersburg
- How big is Gaithersburg?
- When is the best time to visit Gaithersburg?
- How many days do you need to see Gaithersburg?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Gaithersburg?
- Is Gaithersburg an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Gaithersburg?
- What food (and drinks) is Gaithersburg known for?
- Is Gaithersburg safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Gaithersburg?
- What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Gaithersburg?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Gaithersburg?
- Is Gaithersburg a good place for solo travel?
- Is Gaithersburg a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Gaithersburg a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Gaithersburg?
Why go to Gaithersburg?
You must visit Gaithersburg at least once in your lifetime because it is a charming and exciting town. Aside from the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), the city is well-known for its stores, parks, and open spaces. Take pictures of the exquisite townhouses and take pleasure in the quaint atmosphere.
- Agricultural History Farm Park
- Arts on the Green
- BlackRock Center for the Arts
- Bohrer Park
- Book Festival
- Community Museum
- Farmers Markets
- Go Ape Zipline and Adventure Park
- International Latitude Observatory
- Kentlands Market Square
- Lancaster County Dutch Market
- Mini Golf
- Old Town Pour House
- RIO Washingtonian Center
- Schaeffer Farms Mountain Bike Trail
- Seneca Creek State Park
- Tactical Laser Tag
- Washingtonian Paddle Boats
- 270 Center
What is Gaithersburg famous for?
Gaithersburg is famous for its excellent standard of living and its rich history, gorgeous green surroundings, and award-winning neighbourhoods. The city also ranks well in terms of ethnic, economic, and social variety across the country.
Fun Facts about Gaithersburg
- Benjamin Gaither, an early citizen of the area who constructed a house in 1802 near the city’s iconic Forest Oak tree site, gave the name Gaithersburg to the newly formed city in 1878.
- Logtown was the first name given to Gaithersburg.
- Gaithersburg is known for its ethnic and economic diversity; it was placed second among the 501 largest U.S. cities and first among smaller U.S. cities in terms of ethnic diversity.
- During the year 1968, Gaithersburg transitioned from a town to a city.
How big is Gaithersburg?
Gaithersburg is about 27 square km or 10 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Gaithersburg?
The best time to visit Gaithersburg, Maryland, is the months of April to June.
How many days do you need to see Gaithersburg?
Since Gaithersburg is relatively big compared to other cities in the state, spending three to four days will be enough to explore the city.
What is the cheapest time to go to Gaithersburg?
The low season (flights) to visit Gaithersburg is in August.
Is Gaithersburg an expensive city to visit?
A seven-day trip to Gaithersburg costs, on average, $1,756, $3,154, and $5,912 for a family of four. Typical hotel rates in Gaithersburg range from $59 to $271 per night; most vacation rentals in the area cost $180 to $480 per night for the entire house. Depending on the itinerary’s various attractions and activities, a daily spending range of $39 to 87 per person is suggested.
How to save money when visiting Gaithersburg?
The best ways to save money when visiting Gaithersburg are:
- Travel during the off-season.
- Ask for discounts.
- Take advantage of tourist attractions with free admission.
- Go on a walking tour.
What food (and drinks) is Gaithersburg known for?
Things you need to eat in Gaithersburg before you die:
- Andouille Cajun Egg Rolls
- Mustard Crusted Chicken
Is Gaithersburg safe to visit?
In Gaithersburg, the chances of becoming a victim of violent or property crime are 1 in 66. According to FBI crime statistics, Gaithersburg is not one of America’s safest communities. Compared to the rest of Maryland, Gaithersburg has a higher crime rate than 62% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is the best way to get around in Gaithersburg?
The best way to get around in Gaithersburg are:
What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Gaithersburg?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Gaithersburg are:
- Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Residence Inn by Marriott Gaithersburg Washingtonian Center
- Extended Stay America Washington, D.C. – Gaithersburg
- Gaithersburg Springhill Suites by Marriott
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Gaithersburg are:
- Coastal Flats
- Dogfish Head Alehouse
- Copper Canyon Grill
- Il Pizzico
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Gaithersburg are:
- Rockville Town Square
- Downtown Crown
What should I do on my first trip to Gaithersburg?
If you are visiting Gaithersburg for the first time, this city is home to several of the country’s most popular attractions. This city is home to a wide variety of parks, orchards, outdoor activities, such as Butler’s Orchard and Bohrer Park, numerous museums, galleries, farms, markets, and many restaurants and shopping establishments. You can spend your time in Gaithersburg at the start of your trip by checking out these places.
Is Gaithersburg a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo and you love going to museums, relaxing in the parks, or going on adventures, Gaithersburg is the best place for you. You can visit the 6,300 acres and 14 scenic miles of Seneca Creek, and you can go mountain biking and go as few as four miles or as much as a full day’s adventure. When you leave the trailhead, it is possible to complete a 60-mile loop of the trail.
Is Gaithersburg a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Gaithersburg as a family with kids, you will discover that water parks, theme parks, playgrounds, and museums abound in the city that children will enjoy. Kids will have a fantastic time, learn new things, and eat well without waiting in extensive lines. The water park at Bohrer Park is a great place to cool off during the summertime when you’re in the city.
Is Gaithersburg a good place for couples?
When visiting Gaithersburg as a couple, you may enjoy various outdoor activities, from art exhibits to couple-friendly attractions. You may see Rio’s Lakefront. It is an excellent site for enjoying the lake and its amenities: carousel rides, express trains, paddle boats, an AMC theater, and an expansive playground.
What are the best annual events in Gaithersburg?
The best annual events in Gaithersburg that you cannot miss are
- The Montgomery County Fair in June and July.
- Gaithersburg Labor Day Parade in September.
- Gaithersburg Book Festival in May.