Table of Contents
- Why go to Sarasota?
- What is Sarasota famous for?
- Fun Facts about Sarasota
- How big is Sarasota?
- When is the best time to visit Sarasota?
- How many days do you need to see Sarasota?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Sarasota?
- Is Sarasota an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Sarasota?
- What food (and drinks) is Sarasota known for?
- Is Sarasota safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Sarasota?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Sarasota?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Sarasota?
- Is Sarasota a good place for solo travel?
- Is Sarasota a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Sarasota a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Sarasota?
Why go to Sarasota?
You must visit Sarasota at least once in your lifetime. After all, it is a great place to have a vacation because it has a lot to offer in terms of attractions and weather. In addition to the lovely beaches, you’ll be able to enjoy a variety of interests. So come to Sarasota and have a once-in-a-lifetime adventure!
- Big Cat Habitat and Gulf Coast Sanctuary
- Bradenton Riverwalk
- Ca’ d’Zan Mansion
- Central Sarasota Farmers Market
- Ed Smith Stadium
- Historic Spanish Point
- Legacy Trail
- Lido Key Beach
- Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Mixon Fruit Farms
- Mote Marine Laboratory and Aquarium
- Myakka River State Park
- Nathan Benderson Park
- Sarasota Classic Car Museum
- Sarasota Jungle Gardens
- Sarasota Opera
- Siesta Key Beach
- St. Armands Circle
- The John & Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
What is Sarasota famous for?
Sarasota is famous for the world-renowned Ringling Museum of Art, which is located here. The city is also home to plenty of the best-performing art groups and a lively arts and crafts scene. The beaches in Sarasota, Florida, are some of the best in the state.
Fun Facts about Sarasota
- Sarasota boasted one of the first golf courses in the country!
- In the 1960s, Floridaland was the Old Disneyland to the children of that era!
- The majority of Florida’s Zagat-rated restaurants are within a 20-mile area of each other.
- 3-4 million people visit Sarasota County every year!
- Siesta Key Beach may contain healing sands.
How big is Sarasota?
Sarasota is about 62 square km or 24 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Sarasota?
The best time to visit Sarasota, Florida, is the months of March through May.
How many days do you need to see Sarasota?
To be honest, Sarasota is the perfect place to spend just 3 days. In Sarasota, you can enjoy all of the “things to do” but still have time to relax on the beach.
What is the cheapest time to go to Sarasota?
The low season (flights) to visit Sarasota is August to November.
Is Sarasota an expensive city to visit?
Sarasota is surprisingly inexpensive for a city of its level. There is no state income tax in Sarasota, making it one of the cheapest large cities in the country. According to previous tourists’ spending habits, a typical Sarasota vacation costs roughly $279 daily. Previous visitors have paid an average of $110 per person for one day’s food. Additionally, a couple’s hotel room in Sarasota costs an average of $333.
How to save money when visiting Sarasota?
The best ways to save money when visiting Sarasota are:
- Browse at Sarasota Farmers Market. You can get cheap eats plus local arts and crafts.
- In Sarasota, you can enjoy the arts at a low price.
- Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf offers a second round for just $1.99 if you pay $13 to play an 18-hole round of mini-golf there.
- Go beach hopping using the free trolley service.
What food (and drinks) is Sarasota known for?
Things you need to eat in Sarasota before you die:
- Veal Chop Milanese
- Bloody Mary
- Moscow Mule
Is Sarasota safe to visit?
Sarasota is a relatively safe city, but you should take precautions regularly for your own protection. Newtown is the only natural no-go area for tourists.
What is the best way to get around in Sarasota?
The best way to get around in Sarasota are:
- SCAT (Sarasota County Area Transit)
- Rent a car
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Sarasota?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Sarasota are:
- Rosemary District
- Longboat Key
- Lido Key
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Sarasota are:
- Captain Curt’s Crab & Oyster Bar
- Ophelia’s on the Bay
- Cafe Gabbiano
- Summer House Steak & Seafood
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Sarasota are:
- St. Armand’s Circle
- The Shoppes At University Center
- Ellenton Premium Outlets
- Westfield Sarasota Square
What should I do on my first trip to Sarasota?
If you are visiting Sarasota for the first time, there is much to see and do here. The primary attractions are magnificent beaches, cultural events, and historical landmarks. Sarasota is a must-see for everyone who has traveled to Florida but hasn’t yet visited the rest of it.
Is Sarasota a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will see a terrific place to spend a few days alone. Mix with the locals or just take a break from the constant chit-chat of the holidays. Whether for a job or pleasure, we all have periods when we travel alone.
Is Sarasota a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Sarasota as a family with kids, you will see numerous family-friendly activities in Sarasota. Such as kayaking, seeing big cats, learning about the history of the circus, and, of course, relaxing on the beach. If you want to see more of Florida than just the Disney parks, Sarasota should be high on your list of places to visit.
Is Sarasota a good place for couples?
When visiting Sarasota as a couple, you will explore together the beautiful places for a romantic getaway. There are some of the most excellent white sand beaches in Florida, lush tropical gardens and an eclectic vibe, fine cuisine and culture, the circus, and many shopping options in the city. It’s a beautiful location for a romantic getaway trip to Florida.
What are the best annual events in Sarasota?
The best annual events in Sarasota that you cannot miss are
- Forks and Corks in January
- Downtown Sarasota Festival of the Arts in February
- Crystal Classic Sand Sculpting Competition in November
- Atomic Holiday Bazaar in the month of December
- Florida International Air Show in November