Table of Contents
- Why go to Jacksonville?
- What is Jacksonville famous for?
- Fun Facts about Jacksonville
- How big is Jacksonville?
- When is the best time to visit Jacksonville?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Jacksonville?
- Is Jacksonville an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Jacksonville?
- What food (and drinks) is Jacksonville known for?
- Is Jacksonville safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around Jacksonville?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Jacksonville?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Jacksonville?
- Is Jacksonville a good place for solo travel?
- Is Jacksonville a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Jacksonville a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Jacksonville?
Why go to Jacksonville?
You must visit Jacksonville at least once in your lifetime because Jacksonville is one of the most affordable places to travel to in the United States. It has 22 miles of clean beaches, memorable eco-adventures, and world-class public art. It also has a fascinating history, exciting sights, the best food scene in the area, and lively nightlife.
- 13th Floor Haunted House
- Amelia Island
- Arboretum and Gardens
- Baldwin Rail Trail
- Catty Shack Ranch
- Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens
- Friendship Fountain
- Huguenot Memorial Park
- Karpeles Manuscript Library Museum
- Kathryn Abbey Hanna Park
- Kingsley Plantation
- Mandarin Museum and Historical Society
- Metro Diner
- Museum of Contemporary Art
- St. Johns Town Center
- TIAA Bank Field
- Tree Hill Nature Center
What is Jacksonville famous for?
Jacksonville is famous for having the most extensive urban park system in the United States, which is more than four times the size of Manhattan. At the same time, there are 400 city parks and gardens and a greenhouse spread among the state’s 80,000-acre parkland. 46,000 acres of land make up the Timucuan Ecological and Historical Preserve (TEH).
Fun Facts about Jacksonville
- Jacksonville has more than any other city in the state, 1,100 miles of beachfront, including 22 miles of white-sand beaches!
- With an average age range of 36, Jacksonville is the state’s youngest city. In contrast, Florida as a whole has an average age of 42.
- The military is the largest employer in the county, employing over 30,000 active-duty members and about 20,000 civilians.
- The sun always shines… in Jacksonville, that is. The average number of sunny days in a year here is 270!
- More than 840 square miles of land make up Jacksonville (making it the largest city by landmass in the Continental or the contiguous USA).
How big is Jacksonville?
Jacksonville is about 2,265 square km or 874 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Jacksonville?
The best time to visit Jacksonville, Florida, is the months of March to May and September to November.
How many days do you need to see Jacksonville?
You can explore Jacksonville for 3 days with great itineraries that focus on the city proper. You’ll probably enjoy your stay visiting parks and enjoy all the fantastic foods.
What is the cheapest time to go to Jacksonville?
The low season (flights) to visit Jacksonville is in the months of January.
Is Jacksonville an expensive city to visit?
In visiting Jacksonville, you will only need 2 days for your trip. Even though Jacksonville isn’t well-known as a tourist destination. It is recommended to visit one of the many beaches stretching from Atlantic Beach to Ponte Vedra Beach and St. Augustine. There are several excellent seafood eateries on the beach.
How to save money when visiting Jacksonville?
The best ways to save money when visiting Jacksonville are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Have a walking tour.
- Take advantage of free attractions.
- Eat at food trucks.
What food (and drinks) is Jacksonville known for?
Things you need to eat in Jacksonville before you die:
- Banana Curry
- Red Curry Shrimp and Grits
- Mango Mojito
- The Drunken Cucumber
Is Jacksonville safe to visit?
When it comes to visiting Jacksonville, you may feel comfortable doing so. However, violent criminality is rare, and most threats are minor. If you plan to visit this country, take standard precautions.
What is the best way to get around Jacksonville?
The best way to get around in Jacksonville are:
- On foot or by bike
- By car
- By bus or trolleys
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Jacksonville?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Jacksonville are:
- Downtown Jacksonville
- Jacksonville Beach
- Ponte Vedra Beach
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Jacksonville are:
- The Fish Company
- Beach Road Fish House & Chicken Dinners
- Palms Fish Camp
- Chowder Ted’s
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Jacksonville are:
- St. John’s Town Center
- The Avenues
- River City Marketplace
- Beaches Town Center
What should I do on my first trip to Jacksonville?
If you are visiting Jacksonville for the first time, you can visit Jacksonville’s beaches. These are ideal for beach activities, including reading a book in the Florida sunshine or participating in water sports like swimming, boogie boarding, or ocean kayaking. There are four miles of beaches in Jacksonville. Still, famous coastal villages like Ponte Vedra have been incorporated into the mix for beach-goers.
Is Jacksonville a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Jacksonville is a great spot because there are many amazing sights to see, foods to try, and things to do. The city’s Southern charm makes its citizens among the nicest in the state, and exploring the city on your own is much more fun! The city has 22 miles of beaches, so you may spend some time relaxing in the sun. It’s a good idea to do so because you won’t have to struggle for a place to lie down to read a book or relax. Try stand-up paddleboarding with Jacksonville Surf and Paddle if you’re looking for some excitement on the water.
Is Jacksonville a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Jacksonville as a family with kids, you will see how the city is jam-packed with entertaining things to do for the whole family. Including magnificent nature parks, lovely beaches, wildlife-filled canals, charming public gardens, and exciting galleries and museums. You can visit Little Talbot Island, State Park. This park’s hiking, beachcombing, surfing, and fishing are among the outdoor activities available to tourists, and attractive beachside picnic pavilions are excellent for a day at the beach with the family.
Is Jacksonville a good place for couples?
When visiting Jacksonville as a couple, you will have time in this city. The northeastern charm of the United States has something for everyone, from quaint seaside communities to bustling metropolis life. Couples flock to the town because of the city’s beautiful surroundings. There are a lot of romantic spots for couples to visit, like the river, the beaches, and the museums.
What are the best annual events in Jacksonville?
The best annual events in Jacksonville that you cannot miss are
- Gator Bowl in January.
- Jacksonville Jazz Festival in April.
- Jacksonville Film Festival in May.
- Planetfest in November.