Table Of Content
- Why go to Santa Cruz?
- What is Santa Cruz famous for?
- Fun Facts about Santa Cruz
- How big is Santa Cruz?
- When is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
- How many days do you need to see Santa Cruz?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Santa Cruz?
- Is Santa Cruz an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Santa Cruz?
- What food (and drinks) is Santa Cruz known for?
- Is Santa Cruz safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Santa Cruz?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Santa Cruz?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Santa Cruz?
- Is Santa Cruz a good place for solo travel?
- Is Santa Cruz a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Santa Cruz a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Santa Cruz?
Why go to Santa Cruz?
You must visit Santa Cruz at least once in your lifetime because Santa Cruz is a popular destination for outdoor enthusiasts. Also for all tourists who are nature lovers because of its pristine beaches and undeveloped terrain. Hiking trails in Wilder Ranch State Park offer breathtaking coast views. At the same time, the UCSB Arboretum & Botanic Garden is home to hummingbirds with bright pink throats.
- Arboretum and Botanic Garden
- Big Basin Redwoods State Park
- Birichino Tasting Room
- Delaveaga Golf Course
- Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park
- La Posta
- Lago di Como
- Monterey Bay Sanctuary Exploration Center
- Natural Bridges State Beach
- Neptune’s Kingdom
- Oswald Restaurant
- Roaring Camp Railroads
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk
- Santa Cruz Community Farmers’ Market
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art & History
- Santa Cruz Wharf
- Seymour Marine Discovery Center
- The Penny Ice Creamery
- The Santa Cruz Surfing Museum
- Wilder Ranch State Park
What is Santa Cruz famous for?
Santa Cruz is famous for its long, sandy beaches, great surf, and laid-back vibe. The boardwalk and fishing pier in Santa Cruz are two of the most popular tourist attractions in the town.
Fun Facts about Santa Cruz
- A tooth belonging to a Megalodon, an ancient shark considered to be three times the size of a Great White, was found in the Santa Cruz Mountains. The mountains were a strange place for it. The Santa Cruz Mountains completely submerged ten to twelve million years ago.
- Neptune’s Kingdom at the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk hosted weekly “Water Carnivals” from 1927 to 1945, where daredevil youngsters and adults performed feats high above an indoor saltwater pool.
- Santa Cruz is the origin of surfing on the continent. In 1885, three Hawaiian princes demonstrated the art of hanging ten using boards made from redwood planks.
- Santa Cruz County was better known in the early twentieth century for its agriculture than its beaches, thanks to its 14,000 acres of apple orchards, seven frozen food manufacturers, and 152 commercial dairies.
- Before Lady Gaga, Santa Cruz residents may have witnessed the first meat dress. Former model Ann Simonton participated in “counter-pageants” outside the annual Miss California pageant in Santa Cruz. To protest, she wore gowns constructed from hot dogs, steaks, and lunch meats.
How big is Santa Cruz?
Santa Cruz is about 41 square km or 15 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Santa Cruz?
The best time to visit Santa Cruz, California, is the months of September and November.
How many days do you need to see Santa Cruz?
It’s hard to know where to begin in Santa Cruz, with many outdoor activities, superb restaurants, and distinctive attractions. You can easily spend a week or more getting to know Santa Cruz, a trendy California town.
What is the cheapest time to go to Santa Cruz?
The low season (flights) to visit Santa Cruz is in the month of October.
Is Santa Cruz an expensive city to visit?
On average, a seven-day trip to Santa Cruz costs $2,315 for a single tourist, $4,158 for a couple, and $7,795 for a family of four to enjoy the sights. A night in a Santa Cruz hotel ranges from $70 to $362, with an average of $110, while a night in a vacation rental might cost from $280 to $720. Our suggested daily spending range for transportation and dining out in the neighborhood is $53 to $100 per person, depending on your plans.
How to save money when visiting Santa Cruz?
The best ways to save money when visiting Santa Cruz are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Instead of relying on public transit, consider renting a car.
- The beach is a beautiful place to relax and take in the views.
- Eat at a neighborhood restaurant.
- Coupons are a great way to save some money.
What food (and drinks) is Santa Cruz known for?
Things you need to eat in Santa Cruz before you die:
- Tacos from Los Gallos Taqueria
- Cali Bene from Harbor Cafe
- Hot Chocolate from Chocolate
- Boba Tea from Pacific Thai
Is Santa Cruz safe to visit?
There’s a low overall risk, but there are a lot of limitations. This city was formerly regarded as one of the most hazardous in the United States. The streets were ruled by rampant criminality, drug abuse, and homelessness. The police have subsequently cleaned up much of the crime, but the beach town still has a rough edge.
What is the best way to get around in Santa Cruz?
The best way to get around in Santa Cruz are:
- By car
- On foot
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Santa Cruz?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Santa Cruz are:
- The Boardwalk
- Downtown Santa Cruz
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Santa Cruz are:
- Copal Restaurant
- The Penny Ice Creamery
- Birichino Winery Tasting Room
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Santa Cruz are:
- Pacific Garden Malls
- Tannery Arts Center
- Live Oak Farmers Market
- Bookshop Santa Cruz
What should I do on my first trip to Santa Cruz?
If you are visiting Santa Cruz for the first time, you must visit Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, the most popular attraction. As one of the state’s most well-known (and oldest) coastal amusement parks, the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk features the 1924-built Giant Dipper roller coaster and a 1911-built carousel.
Is Santa Cruz a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Santa Cruz County is an excellent choice because of its abundance of outdoor activities and thriving community life. Santa Cruz County has a wide variety of outdoor activities, from beach cruises to redwood forest exploration, when you’re ready to get out and explore on your own.
Is Santa Cruz a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Santa Cruz as a family with kids, Santa Cruz County is a family-friendly paradise with its kid-friendly beaches, community parks, children’s museums, and spectacular weather. There’s no need to look any further than here if you’re looking for something to do with your children this summer in Santa Cruz.
Is Santa Cruz a good place for couples?
When visiting Santa Cruz as a couple, you will have quality time as the Santa Cruz area has a lot of great beaches to choose from. The picturesque Natural Bridges are an excellent setting for a romantic beach picnic. You can spend your trip going for a walk on the coast or have a romantic dinner by the sunset.
What are the best annual events in Santa Cruz?
The best annual events in Santa Cruz that you cannot miss are
- California Gray Whale Migration in January.
- Baroque Festival in the month of February.
- Santa Cruz 4th of July in July.
- Santa Cruz County Fair in September.
- Lighted Boat Parade in December.