Table of Contents
- Why go to California?
- What is California famous for?
- Fun Facts about California
- How big is California?
- When is the best time to visit California?
- How many days do you need to see California?
- What is the cheapest time to go to California?
- Is California an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting California?
- What food (and drinks) is California known for?
- Is California safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in California?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit California?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to California?
- Is California a good place for solo travel?
- Is California a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is California a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in California?
Why go to California?
You must visit California at least once in your lifetime because California is a one-stop destination for a lifetime of vacations, from its famed coastline to its expansive heartland and granite Sierra peaks. There’s something for everyone in a location this large and diversified, and there’s plenty left over to keep you going back.
- Alcatraz Island
- Anza Borrego Desert
- Anacapa Island
- Big Sur
- Balboa Fun Zone (Newport Beach)
- Burney Falls (Burney)
- Bodie State Historic Park (Bridgeport)
- California State Railroad Museum (Sacramento)
- Cabrillo National Monument (San Diego)
- Chinatown San Francisco
- Death Valley National Park
- Desert Hot Springs
- Disneyland (Anaheim)
- Angeles National Forest
- California Science Center
- Echo Park Lake
- Getty Center
- Griffith Observatory
- Hollywood Bowl
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- Hollywood Sign
- Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens
- Korean Bell of Friendship
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art
- Paramount Pictures Studios
- Runyon Canyon Park
- TCL Chinese Theatre
- The Broad
- The La Brea Tar Pits & Museum
- Universal Studios Hollywood
- Walt Disney Concert Hall
- Warner Brothers Studio
- Balboa Park
- Belmont Park
- Cedros Avenue Design District
- iFLY San Diego
- La Jolla Cove
- Lake Hodges
- Legends Gallery
- Little Italy
- Mission Trails Regional Park
- Model Railroad Museum
- MooTime Creamery
- Old Point Loma Lighthouse
- Petco Park
- San Elijo Lagoon
- Spanish Village Art Center
- Sunny Jim’s Sea Cave
- Sunset Cliffs Natural Park
- Torrey Pines State Natural Reserve
- Aquarium of the Pacific
- Bluff Park
- Downtown Long Beach
- Earl Burns Miller Japanese Garden
- El Dorado Nature Center
- Ferry to Catalina Island
- Grand Prix of Long Beach
- L’Opera Ristorante
- Long Beach Antique Market
- Long Beach Bayou Festival
- Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center
- Museum of Latin American Art
- Rancho Los Cerritos Historic Site
- Shoreline Village
- The Great Sand Sculpture Contest
- The Laugh Factory
- The Pike Outlets
- The Queen Mary
- The Walter Pyramid
What is California famous for?
California is famous for its bright cities overflowing with culture and entertainment, amazing parks and gardens, and vistas worthy of any travel wishlist. Enjoy a kid’s wish of legendary theme parks, or savor some of the world’s top culinary and wine experiences.
Fun Facts about California
- The Hollywood Bowl is America’s biggest outdoor amphitheater and hosts a wide variety of concerts and events. Isn’t it amazing how far we’ve come since it first opened in 1922?
- The Internet was invented in California in the mid-nineties. It was UCLA that sent the first ARPANET transmission in 1969.
- Approximately 100,000 earthquakes occur in California each year. Fortunately, many of these earthquakes are rather mild.
- It’s no secret that California is a hub of creativity and invention, as seen by the state’s contributions to such diverse fields as wetsuits, skateboards, Barbie dolls, Apple computers, Frisbee, and the Internet.
- Californians adore avocados so much that they’re the state fruit and one of the state’s most iconic cuisines. Fallbrook, San Diego County, holds an annual avocado festival.
How big is California?
The city is about 423,970 square km or 163,696 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit California?
The best time to visit California is the months of September through October.
How many days do you need to see California?
California’s most popular travel plans can be broken down into a few distinct groups. It all depends on your time and what you want to explore. At the very least, you’ll need 15 or 20 days to experience the best of California.
What is the cheapest time to go to California?
The low season (flights) to visit California is January, February, August, and September.
Is California an expensive city to visit?
In California, you can expect to spend $198 per day on your trip, which is the average cost of other travelers. On average, visitors have spent $37 on meals and $32 on local transportation for a single day. Additionally, a couple may expect to pay an average of $185 per night at a California hotel.
How to save money when visiting California?
The best ways to save money when visiting California are:
- Keep an eye out for places to stay that are close to the airport.
- Shop at neighborhood supermarkets.
- Purchase multiple-entry passes that allow you to visit many locations at once.
- Renting a car is an option to consider.
What food (and drinks) is California known for?
Things you need to eat in California before you die:
- Enjoy delicious, fresh oysters.
- Compare the pizzas from Chicago, Brooklyn, Detroit, and even Roman-style pizzas to see which is best.
- At Musso & Frank’s, sip a martini at the bar.
- Get a Mai Tai in Chinatown.
Is California safe to visit?
The overall risk of safety for a trip to California is medium. However, visitors should know California isn’t just about sand and surf. You will almost certainly contact someone who is hazardous during your stay in California because of the state’s large population (about 38 million people live there).
What is the best way to get around in California?
The best way to get around in California are:
- Car Rentals
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit California?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting California are:
- Santa Monica is the best place to stay if you want to be close to the ocean.
- Downtown Los Angeles is a great option for a fast weekend getaway for those on a tight budget.
- You may stay in style in Silver Lake, one of Los Angeles’ hippest enclaves.
- Stay in West Hollywood if you want to be close to some of the best nightlife in the city.
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting California are:
- Little Tokyo
- Sonoma Valley
- Silver Lake
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting California are:
- Rodeo Drive
- Union Square
- El Paseo
- Santana Row
What should I do on my first trip to California?
If you are visiting California for the first time, you must visit the country’s famous vineyards. Napa Valley is well-known, but if you want to avoid the crowds and try other vineyards, California has many wine regions to choose from. Many other wine-producing regions in California are less expensive than Napa, such as Paso Robles, Livermore, Placer County, Amador County, and many more. When you travel to California, you have to check out the best things to do in California here.
Is California a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can enjoy California, a great choice for a solo vacation because it has so much to offer. Whether you’re looking for a single beach holiday, a hiking trip, a wine country getaway, or an urban escape, California has you covered. Even though it is a big state, it is a good place for solo travelers.
Is California a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting California as a family with kids, you could spend your entire youth there and still not see it all since there is so much to do in California. Children and adults will find California to be a utopia. From snow-capped mountains to unspoiled beaches and parks, you won’t run out of places to visit and explore.
Is California a good place for couples?
When visiting California as a couple, you will experience beautiful palm-fringed beaches, stunning sunsets, and grand mountain scenery, making California the ideal location for an unforgettable romantic vacation or honeymoon. There’s something for everyone in the wide range of scenery.
What are the best annual events in California?
The best annual events in California that you cannot miss are
- Coachella Music Festival in March.
- St. Patrick’s Day in March.
- LA Pride Parade in June.
- Avocado Festival in October.
- Apple Blossom Festival in April.