Table of Contents
- Why go to Monaco?
- What is Monaco famous for?
- Fun Facts about Monaco
- How big is Monaco?
- When is the best time to visit Monaco?
- How many days do you need to see Monaco?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Monaco?
- Is Monaco an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Monaco?
- What food (and drinks) is Monaco known for?
- Is Monaco safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Monaco?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Monaco?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Monaco?
- Is Monaco a good place for solo travel?
- Is Monaco a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Monaco a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Monaco?
Why go to Monaco?
You must visit Monaco at least once in your lifetime because, despite its modest size, Monaco is known as a haven for the world’s elite. Despite its small size, this historic principality is a magnet for celebrities and tourists alike, thanks to its huge casinos, fancy stores, rich pubs and clubs, and a man-made beach.
- Casino Square
- Fort Antoine
- Hotel de Paris Monte-Carlo
- Jardin Exotique Monaco
- Jardin Japonais Monaco
- Larvotto Beach
- Le Grill
- Les Jardins Saint-Martin
- Monaco Cathedral
- Monaco Harbor
- Monaco Naval Museum
- Monte Carlo Casino
- Musee de la Chapelle de la Visitation
- Musée Océanographique de Monaco
- Collection Privée des Voitures de S.A.S. le Prince de Monaco
- Nouveau Musée National de Monaco
- Opera de Monte Carlo
- Prince’s Palace of Monaco
- Princess Grace Rose Garden
- Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo
What is Monaco famous for?
Monaco is famous as it is referred to as the “Billionaires’ Playground” because it is a sovereign city-state. The Monaco Yacht Show and the Monaco Grand Prix are just two glitzy events each year in the tiny city-state.
Fun Facts about Monaco
- In Monaco, one in three residents is a millionaire.
- Monaco has the most police officers per capita of any country.
- Gambling is illegal in the United States under federal law.
- Residents live longer compared to the rest of the globe.
How big is Monaco?
Monaco is about 2 square km or 0.77 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Monaco?
The best time to visit Monaco is the months of April and October.
How many days do you need to see Monaco?
Monaco is a little country, so you can easily visit it in a single day, but many people like to spend a little more time here. Three days and two nights should be plenty of time if you want to take it easy and participate in as many things as possible.
What is the cheapest time to go to Monaco?
The low season (flights) to visit Monaco is in the months between November and March. You’ll save money on lodging if you go when it’s less crowded and colder offseason.
Is Monaco an expensive city to visit?
You can expect to spend an average of €168 ($178) a day in Monaco, based on the costs of previous guests. €47 ($50) for one day’s meals and €16 ($17) for local transportation have been the average costs for previous visitors.
How to save money when visiting Monaco?
The best ways to save money when visiting Monaco are:
- Plan your trip for the off-season- You may save a lot of money on lodging and airfare if you plan your trip correctly. Plan your trip between November and March to save the most money, and steer clear of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
- Bring a pair of shoes that you can walk in. Take a walk instead of taking public transportation or a cab. Your bank account will be grateful.
- Leave Monte Carlo behind you- The further you go from the city’s major tourist and administrative center (home to its casinos), the lower the prices will be.
What food (and drinks) is Monaco known for?
Things you need to eat in Monaco before you die:
- Barbajuan- Swiss chard, leeks, ricotta, garlic, and herbs are baked or fried into a puff pastry appetizer normally served as a starter.
- Fougasse-Local bakeries often sell a little sweet bread flavored with oranges and garnished with nuts, raisins, and anise.
- Swiss Chard Pie- filling made from eggs, onions, parsley, parmesan cheese, and rice with Swiss chard blette and parmesan cheese
- Pissaladière- The Monégasque variant is a pie covered with onions, tomatoes, and olives, originating in Nice.
Is Monaco safe to visit?
In Monaco, residents who have previously resided elsewhere appreciate the country’s reputation as one of the safest places in the world. The crime rate in the country is extremely low because of the high number of police officers per capita and a sophisticated, country-wide 24-hour video surveillance system.
What is the best way to get around in Monaco?
The best way to get around in Monaco are:
- Traveling by foot- Walking around Monaco is the greatest way to learn about the city’s history and culture. Walking from east to west across Monaco only takes 45 minutes.
- Taking the bus is a convenient way to get around- Between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m., the Monaco Bus Company (C.A.M.) provides transportation to and from the Principality.
- Using a Water Taxi for Local Transportation- Monaco Riviera Navigation provides year-round service for the water taxi.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Monaco?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Monaco are:
- Monte Carlo
- La Condamine & Les Moneghetti
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Monaco are:
- COYA Monte-Carlo
- Blue Bay
- Café de Paris Monte-Carlo
- Yannick Alléno à l’Hôtel Hermitage Monte-Carlo
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Monaco are:
- Le Metropole Shopping Center
- Fontvieille Shopping Centre
- La Condamine Market
- Steffano Ricci
What should I do on my first trip to Monaco?
If you are visiting Monaco for the first time, visit the Monte Carlo Opera House and Casino. See Monaco’s Oceanographic Museum and be awed. If you’re visiting Monaco for the first time, don’t miss a trip to the Palais du Prince. Enjoy the Jardin Exotique de Monaco. Go to Monaco Harbour or Port Hercules.
Is Monaco a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Monaco is the world’s tiniest country, and solo travel is completely secure in Monaco. Tourists may be targeted because of the state’s wealth, so keep your valuables close at hand. If you’re not on the beach, don’t go around barefoot or in your swimsuit.
Is Monaco a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Monaco as a family with kids, be informed that it is a great destination for families because of the abundance of things to do and the low cost. When it’s warm enough, you can spend your entire holiday exploring the city’s many gardens, seashore promenades, and ancient neighbourhoods. Take the kids for a stroll along the water’s edge at Monaco’s sole deep-water port. It’s free to walk about, which is always a good thing for family vacations, and the beautiful boats and yachts are sure to awe the little ones.
Is Monaco a good place for couples?
When visiting Monaco as a couple, a romantic holiday is a must. Monaco has something for everyone in our Couple’s Guide to the Principality with its historic old town and glitzy major businesses.
What are the best annual events in Monaco?
The best annual events in Monaco that you cannot miss are
- International Circus Festival Of Monte Carlo in January
- The Spring Arts Festival in April
- Monaco Grand Prix in May
- Monte Carlo International Fireworks Festival in July