Table of Contents
- Why go to Japan?
- What is Japan famous for?
- Fun Facts about Japan
- How big is Japan?
- When is the best time to visit Japan?
- How many days do you need to see Japan?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Japan?
- Is Japan an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Japan?
- What food (and drinks) is Japan known for?
- Is Japan safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Japan?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Japan?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Japan?
- Is Japan a good place for solo travel?
- Is Japan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Japan a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Japan?
Why go to Japan?
You must visit Japan at least once in your lifetime because this country is considered one of the least violent countries, with an average global crime rate of one of the lowest. People in Japan frequently leave their doors unlocked, children can ride the metro alone, and tourists can roam the streets at night without fear.
- Arashiyama Monkey Park
- Chūbu-Sangaku National Park
- Fukuoka Castle Ruins
- Fushimi Inari-Taisha Shrine
- Hakone Open-Air Museum
- Hiroshima Peace Memorial Park
- Imperial Tokyo
- Koyasan Okunoin
- Matsumoto Castle
- Mount Fuji
- Naritasan Shinsho-Ji
- Okinawa Churaumi Aquarium
- Osaka Castle
- City of Nara
- The Island Shrine of Itsukushima
- The Atsuta Shrine
- Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden
What is Japan famous for?
Japan is famous for many things, including its beautiful natural landscapes, such as cherry blossoms and Mount Fuji, its cutting-edge technology, such as Japanese cars and bullet trains, its bizarre inventions, such as karaoke and vending machines, its cultural values, such as politeness and punctuality, its popular animation and manga, and its delectable cuisines, such as ramen and sushi.
Fun Facts about Japan
- It is the eleventh-largest city in the world by population.
- There are 6,852 islands in Japan.
- People in Japan try hard to perfect the bow as a form of greeting. Using the depth of the bow as a gauge of respect is important.
- In Japan, the kimono is worn by both men and women and is traditional apparel. Regarding this costume, the left side always covers the right.
How big is Japan?
Japan is about 377,975 square km or 145,937 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Japan?
The best time to visit Japan is the months of March to May and September to November. During this season, beautiful cherry blossoms and bright crimson leaves provide a dash of color to the landscape. Remember that this time of year can be extremely congested.
How many days do you need to see Japan?
For first-time tourists to Japan, a stay of 7 to 10 days is recommended. Even though you won’t get to see the entirety of Japan, it’s still possible to explore the country’s top attractions.
What is the cheapest time to go to Japan?
The low season (flights) to visit Japan is in September.
Is Japan an expensive city to visit?
On average, tourists in Japan spend between 12,000 and 15,000 yen ($110-140) per day. It’s easy to go overboard if you have wiggle room in your budget, but you may still have a great time even if you’re on a shoestring.
How to save money when visiting Japan?
The best ways to save money when visiting Japan are:
- Get a jr pass and use it creatively.
- Book a Room near a JR Station for a low price.
- Make reservations for a hostel in Japan and a big dorm room.
- Breakfast should be taken at the dormitory where you are staying
- Purchasing food at a supermarket is a viable option.
- In Japan, sample the local cuisine on the streets.
What food (and drinks) is Japan known for?
Things you need to eat in Japan before you die:
- Sushi- refers to a group of artistically arranged sushi dishes produced with vinegared sushi rice and a wide range of ingredients. The majority of them are raw fish and other kinds of seafood.
- Sashimi- tiny slices of raw fish or seafood. It can even be used to describe different kinds of raw meat.
- Ramen- Noodle soup created with broth, tare, wheat noodles, and garnishes is known as tare.
- Tempura- a traditional Japanese culinary method that uses a light batter produced with cold water and soft cake flour to deep-fry seafood or veggies.
Is Japan safe to visit?
It’s safe to say that Japan is one of the world’s friendliest countries. Crime, such as theft, is quite rare. Tourists are often surprised to see people leave valuables in cafés and bars unattended, even though it’s not advised.
What is the best way to get around in Japan?
The best way to get around in Japan are:
- Japan Rail Pass
- 24/48/72 Hours Subway Pass.
- Seishun 18.
- Buses + Metro Trains.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Japan?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Japan are:
- The Shinjuku Neighborhood, Tokyo
- The Shimokitazawa Neighborhood, Tokyo
- The Shibuya Neighborhood, Tokyo
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Japan are:
- Nishiki Market
- Tofu temple, Kyoto
- Sushi Tokami, Ginza, Tokyo
- Jumanji 55, Roppongi, Tokyo
- Bar Track, Ebisu, Tokyo
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Japan are:
- Shinsaibashi shopping street
- Minato mirai
- Canal City Hakata
What should I do on my first trip to Japan?
If you visit Japan for the first time, go hiking on the Kumano Koda Trail. Learn a few words and phrases in Japanese. Try out the Japanese photo booth. Views of Mt. Fuji are available here. Take a ride on the Shinkansen, Japan’s fastest train. Akihabara Is the Place to Go for Anime Merchandise. At Ganso Ramen Yokocho, enjoy a bowl of ramen. Make an effort to see a Kabuki performance.
Is Japan a good place for solo travel?
Traveling solo in Japan, is a wonderful experience because of the country’s superb public transportation system and the fact that it’s very safe. A Japan Rail Pass is a wise investment if you’re planning a solo trip to Japan for more than a month.
Is Japan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Japan as a family with kids, the land of the rising sun is a fantastic vacation spot for children. Neon cities, strange themed cafes, and historical settlements abound in this land. Because of the country’s excellent infrastructure, you won’t have to be concerned about your children’s safety while on vacation.
Is Japan a good place for couples?
When visiting Japan as a couple, Japan is a place to fall head over heels for and a place to fall in love. Another nice thing about Japan is that it’s both romantically endearing and incredibly organized, efficient, and practical.
What are the best annual events in Japan?
The best annual events in Japan that you cannot miss are
- Yuki Matsuri in January
- Omizutori in March
- Kanamara Matsuri in April
- Gion Matsuri in July
- Aomori Nebuta Matsuri in August