Table of Contents
- Why go to Azerbaijan?
- What is Azerbaijan famous for?
- Fun Facts about Azerbaijan
- How big is Azerbaijan?
- What is the best time to visit Azerbaijan?
- How many days do you need to see Azerbaijan?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Azerbaijan?
- Is Azerbaijanan expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Azerbaijan?
- What food (and drinks) is Azerbaijanknown for?
- Is Azerbaijansafe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Azerbaijan?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Azerbaijan?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Azerbaijan?
- Is Azerbaijan a good place for solo travel?
- Is Azerbaijan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Azerbaijan a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Azerbaijan?
Why go to Azerbaijan?
You must visit Azerbaijan at least once in your life because of its history, mystery, and exoticism. Because of the recent drop in oil costs and the ease with which an eVisa can be obtained, Azerbaijan has suddenly become an extremely economical travel destination. Baku’s Old City has a lot to offer visitors interested in history and architecture. The Icheri Sheher stronghold, the Maiden Tower, Shirvanshah’s Palace, the Sinik-Gala minaret, and other religious and secular structures can all be found here in Baku.
- Alinjagala (Alinja)
- Atashgah Zoroastrian Fire Temple (Baku)
- Azerbaijan Carpet Museum (Baku)
- Bottle House of Ganja (Ganja)
- Candy Cane Mountains (Siyazan)
- Flame Towers (Baku)
- Fountains Square (Baku)
- Gabaland (Gebele)
- Gobustan National Park (Qobustan)
- Heydar Aliyev Centre (Baku)
- Highland Park (Baku)
- Hunot Gorge (Şuşa)
- Imamzadeh Mausoleum (Ganja)
- Lahic Village (Lahic)
- Museum of Miniature Books (Baku)
- Mud Volcanoes of Azerbaijan (Baku)
- Old City (Baku)
- Qabala Archaeological Center (Gabala)
- The Maiden Tower (Baku)
- Yeddi Gozel Waterfall (Nohurqishlaq)
What is Azerbaijan famous for?
Azerbaijan is famous for Azer, a Persian word that signifies “fire.” Flame towers, Zoroastrian fire temples, and boiling water are tied to Azerbaijani culture’s fascination with infernos.
Fun Facts about Azerbaijan
- Tea is drunk with jam
- There are more Azerbaijanis in Iran than in the country.
How big is Azerbaijan?
Azerbaijan is about 87 km² or 33436 square miles in size.
What is the best time to visit Azerbaijan?
The best time to visit Azerbaijan is between April and June and September and October, when temperatures are more incredible than 40 degrees Fahrenheit, especially in the mountainous regions. Every March, the Persian New Year is celebrated with a festival called Novruz Bayrami.
How many days do you need to see Azerbaijan?
A seven-day Azerbaijan vacation allows you more time to see the country. Visit Baku’s Garasu Volcano, one of the country’s many mud volcanoes, as part of your sightseeing itinerary. There is a Gobustan on the city’s outskirts in the southernmost part. 6,000 rock paintings in Gobustan’s archaeological reserve provide tourists with a glimpse into the world of ancient civilizations that once flourished in the region.
What is the cheapest time to go to Azerbaijan?
The low season (flights) to visit Azerbaijan is April, the cheapest time to visit Azerbaijan. Check for Azerbaijan flights by entering your departure airport and travel dates in the search form above.
Is Azerbaijanan expensive city to visit?
A trip to Azerbaijan can be afforded.
The overall cost will be around half what it would be in other parts of Europe. Travelers on a shoestring budget can easily afford to stay in Baku for less than $30 per day, including the cost of flights and a visa. Mid-range tourists should expect to pay between $60 and $100 per day, including tours, for a stay.
How to save money when visiting Azerbaijan?
The best ways to save money when visiting Azerbaijan are:
- Head to the local restaurants to eat traditional food and pay less
- Getting around in Baku is incredibly cheap
- Day visits to Ateshgah and Yanar Dag through public transportation will cost you less money.
What food (and drinks) is Azerbaijanknown for?
Things you need to eat in Azerbaijan before you die:
- Plov – Traditional Rice and Meat
- Shah Plov – Traditional Rice with Fried Dough
- Black tea
Is Azerbaijansafe to visit?
Although Azerbaijan is generally safe to visit, travelers should be aware of minor and violent crimes.
You should always look for danger, especially when crossing the street.
What is the best way to get around in Azerbaijan?
The best way to get around in Azerbaijan are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Azerbaijan?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Azerbaijan are:
- Baku Boulevard
- Bayli District
- White City
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Azerbaijan are:
- Palace of the Shirvanshahs
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Azerbaijan are:
- Ali Shamsi
- Ganjlik Mall
- Yasi Bazar Green Market
What should I do on my first trip to Azerbaijan?
If you are visiting Azerbaijan for the first time, Take a tour of Baku. Azerbaijan’s capital city, Baku, is located on the Caspian Sea.
Is Azerbaijan a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you should visit Baku, Azerbaijan’s capital city is a great place to stay on your own. There are many reasons to visit Baku, from its gastronomy to its history, that isn’t on most people’s radars.
Is Azerbaijan a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Azerbaijan as a family with kids, you should see the waterfront park as an excellent area for families visiting the city to get a sense of the local culture and atmosphere. The Azerbaijan Carpet Museum, housed in a remarkable tower that resembles a half-wrapped carpet, is the city’s most intriguing tourist attraction. In the museum, you’ll find beautiful carpets and rugs on display and educational exhibits that help kids learn about the history and significance of carpet weaving in Azerbaijan.
Is Azerbaijan a good place for couples?
When visiting Azerbaijan as a couple, romantic getaways are a terrific option to recharge and reconnect with your partner. Why not take advantage of the opportunity to see something new by going on an adventure? All year round, Azerbaijan provides a perfect romantic setting.
What are the best annual events in Azerbaijan?
The best annual events in Azerbaijan that you cannot miss are
- International Baku Jazz festival October
- Azerbaijan International Food Industry Exhibition May
- Baku International Tourism Film Festival (BIFF) November