Table of Contents
- Why go to Armenia?
- What is Armenia famous for?
- Fun Facts about Armenia
- How big is Armenia?
- When is the best time to visit Armenia?
- How many days do you need to see Armenia?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Armenia?
- Is Armenia an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Armenia?
- What food (and drinks) is Armenia known for?
- Is Armenia safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Armenia?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Armenia?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Armenia?
- Is Armenia a good place for solo travel?
- Is Armenia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Armenia a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Armenia?
Why go to Armenia?
You must visit Armenia at least once in your lifetime because the area is characterized by mountainous and rugged terrain. The roads in this little nation are quite tortuous, so don’t underestimate the time it will take to get there. Some of the friendliest people in the world live here and love travelers.
When people go to Armenia, they will find a treasure trove of historical sites and delicious food that have been overlooked as a top tourist destination.
- Yerevan City
- Armenian Genocide Museum and Memorial
- Blue Mosque, Yerevan
- Shikahogh State Reserve
- Water World, Yerevan
- Geghard Monastery, Yerevan
- Levon’s Divine Underground Cave Museum
- Amberd Fortress
- Echmiadzin, Armenia
- Lake Sevan
- ArmAs Vineyard
- Cascade, Yerevan
- Ararat, Yerevan
- Black Fortress, Gyumri
- Ani Overlook, Gyumri
- Gyumri Brewery, Gyumri
- Lover’s Park, Yerevan
What is Armenia famous for?
Armenia is famous for Armenian cuisine. It is one of the world’s most distinctive and long-established culinary traditions. It offers a wide variety of flavorful foods created by utilizing centuries-old traditions.
With its stunning scenery, delectable food, and rich history, Armenia is renowned worldwide. Armenia was the first country to officially accept Christianity. It may have some of the oldest churches and monasteries in the world and some of the most beautiful natural settings.
Fun Facts about Armenia
- Armenia is a country that dates back thousands of years.
- Armenia was the first nation to accept Christianity as its official religion.
- The Armenian alphabet is unique.
- Armenia is one of the few countries with only one ethnic group.
- The first church in the world was established in Armenia.
How big is Armenia?
Armenia is about 29,743 square km or 11484 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Armenia?
The best time to visit the city or country is the months of May, July, and September.
The most fabulous season to visit Armenia is between May and September, when the weather is most pleasant, and there are seldom rainstorms. The hottest months are July and August, with the coldest being January.
How many days do you need to see Armenia?
As with any other vacation, making sure your time in Armenia is as enjoyable as possible necessitates advance planning. A holiday to Armenia may last anywhere from three to 12 days, depending on what you like doing and how much time and money you’re willing to invest.
What is the cheapest time to go to Armenia?
The low season (flights) to visit Armenia is in the months of February and April
You may save money by booking at least three weeks before your trip date. January, November, and December are regarded as the busiest. February is the most affordable month to go to Armenia. In contrast, April is the cheapest month to travel outside the United States.
Is Armenia an expensive city to visit?
It’s both safe and cost-effective. Traveling to Armenia is reasonably priced and hasn’t been overrun by tourists yet.
Travelers in Armenia spend an average of about $20 per person per day in Armenia. Meals and snacks, as well as short-distance transportation inside the metropolis, are all included in this budget. This package does not include accommodation, vehicle rental, travel to other regions, and shopping costs.
How to save money when visiting Armenia?
The best ways to save money when visiting Armenia are:
- Forget cabs, and use the GG or Yandex apps instead!
- Visit Yerevan for free and join a walking tour.
- If you’re traveling between cities, consider using a bus.
- Hostels and homestays are your best choices if you’re on a tight budget.
What food (and drinks) is Armenia known for?
Things you need to eat in Armenia before you die:
- Dabgadz Banir Boerag
Is Armenia safe to visit?
Traveling to Armenia is not dangerous because the country has a shallow crime rate, and even pickpocketing is not a significant problem. There is a low incidence of crime. However, there are infrequent cases of automobile theft, bag snatching, pickpocketing, and burglary involving citizens of the United Kingdom or other nations. Still, you should always be careful, especially when crossing the street.
What is the best way to get around in Armenia?
The best way to get around in Armenia are:
- Getting across Armenia via hitchhiking is both affordable and friendly.
- Travel at your own pace by renting a car in Armenia.
- The railway is the best way to travel great distances in Armenia.
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Armenia?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Armenia are
- Bridge Hostel Yerevan Armenia
- Bomo Nairi Hotel
- My Hotel Yerevan
- The Alexander, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Yerevan
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Armenia are:
- Proshyan Street (which becomes Paronyan Street).
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Armenia are:
- Dalma Garden Mall
- Gumi Shuka
- Tashir Street Shopping Gallery
- Rich Plaza
What should I do on my first trip to Armenia?
If you are visiting Armenia for the first time, the following are some of the most essential facts. You should know about Armenia if you plan on visiting the country. Make an effort to learn a few words like “hello” (barev) and “thank you” (mersi).
Automobile rentals are an excellent way to see the country. American car rental firms such as Enterprise (located directly across the street from the Ibis Yerevan Center) make getting around Yerevan by car a breeze.
Is Armenia a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may experience linguistic issues if you travel outside of the major towns. A private driver and an English-speaking tour guide may ease the burden of traveling nationwide. Avoid travel that isn’t necessary. Due to the political problems between Armenia and Azerbaijan, you shouldn’t go to Armenia unless you have to.
Is Armenia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Armenia as a family with kids, you will find that Armenia is rated as one of the safest nations in the world. Armenia has all you need for a fantastic vacation as a family-friendly destination. While Yerevan and Lake Sevan are the most popular tourist attractions in Armenia. Hiking trails abound across the country, and the people of Armenia are incredibly kind to families with young children.
Is Armenia a good place for couples?
When visiting Armenia as a couple, you’ll find that Armenia is an excellent spot for a romantic getaway. This country is ideal for couples looking to spend quality time together. Yerevan is a city that will warmly welcome you. A late-night stroll through Armenia’s capital will allow you to experience its unique atmosphere. If you’d like to see a colorful display of “singing fountains,” you may visit Republic Square. Victory Park’s observation platform is the highest point of the cascade, which may be accessed by a short walk. Seeing the entire city from this vantage point is truly awe-inspiring.
What are the best annual events in Armenia?
The best annual events in Armenia that you cannot miss are
- Wine Days in May
- Yerevan Color Run in July
- Erebuni-Yerevan Anniversary in October
- Taraz Fest in August
- The Syunik Mulberry Festival in July