Table of Contents
- Why go to Namibia?
- What is Namibia famous for?
- Fun Facts about Namibia
- How big is Namibia?
- When is the best time to visit Namibia?
- How many days do you need to see Namibia?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Namibia?
- Is Namibia an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Namibia?
- What food (and drinks) is Namibia known for?
- Is Namibia safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Namibia?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Namibia?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Namibia?
- Is Namibia a good place for solo travel?
- Is Namibia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Namibia a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Namibia?
Why go to Namibia?
You must visit Namibia at least once in your lifetime because there are countless things to see and do. Desert dunes, spectacular views, and untouched wilderness make up its exotic scenery. Regarding wildlife viewing, Namibia is unbeatable because of its abundance of cheetahs. Regardless of the season, it’s a wonderful place to come year-round.
- Canyon Roadhouse
- Daan Viljoen Game Reserve
- Epupa Falls
- Etosha National Park
- Fish River Canyon
- Kolmanskop Ghost Town
- Kulala Desert Lodge
- Meet the Himba people
- Quiver Tree Forest
- See the Cape Cross Seals
- Skeleton Coast
- Twyfelfontein Rock Art
- Walvis Bay Waterfront
- Waterberg Plateau National Park
What is Namibia famous for?
Namibia is famous for its distinct wildlife and spectacular desert landscapes. Ancient history and culture are brought to life through it. In terms of the country’s economy, tourism, farming, fishing, and mining make up the vast majority of it.
Fun Facts about Namibia
- In Sub-Saharan Africa, Namibia is the driest country.
- Namibia is home to the world’s oldest desert, the Okavango Delta.
- The largest non-subglacial underground lake in the world is located in Namibia.
- Some of the world’s tallest sand dunes can be found in Namibia.
- The largest meteorite in the world is in Namibia.
How big is Namibia?
Namibia is about 824,292 square km or 318,261 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Namibia?
The best time to visit Namibia is the months of June to October.
How many days do you need to see Namibia?
Consider spending at least 2 weeks in the country to get the most out of the vastness.
What is the cheapest time to go to Namibia?
The low season (flights) to visit Namibia is from December to February.
Is Namibia an expensive city to visit?
Costs in Namibia are significantly higher than in most other African countries. The quantity of money you spend there, on the other hand, is entirely up to you and your personal tastes.
How to save money when visiting Namibia?
The best ways to save money when visiting Namibia are:
- Find cheap accommodations.
- Dine at local restaurants.
- Join free walking tours.
- Mingle with the locals.
What food (and drinks) is Namibia known for?
Things you need to eat in Namibia before you die:
- Landjäger – is known for its smoky flavor thanks to its lengthy fermentation and smoking process.
- Potjiekos – is a classic Afrikaaner stew prepared over a big open fire in a four-legged cast iron pot.
- Oasis – Hot mulled wine
Is Namibia safe to visit?
Travelers to Namibia should not be concerned about their safety, provided they do their preparation ahead of time. You’ll have a trouble-free vacation in this wonderful country if you’re aware of what’s around you.
What is the best way to get around in Namibia?
The best way to get around in Namibia are:
- By Train
- By Bus
- Car Rentals
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Namibia?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Namibia are:
- Freedom Plaza – This apartment is conveniently located in Windhoek, near the National Museum of Namibia.
- ParadiseGarden Backpackers Lodge – This modest motel is run by a local family, and the hosts are experts in the area.
- Villa Cacao – If you’re looking for a truly authentic African safari experience, go no further than this magnificent property.
- Etosha Village – Located just outside Etosha National Park, this lodge is a good alternative for those with a car.
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Namibia are:
- Gondwana Etosha Safari Camp
- The Wreck
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Namibia are:
- Namibia Craft Centre
- The Grove Mall of Namibia
- Pure & Simple Art Gallery
- Ivanoff-Erb PhotoGallery
What should I do on my first trip to Namibia?
If you are visiting Namibia for the first time, explore the Fish River Canyon. A visit to the Fish River Canyon in Namibia is an unforgettable experience. At this location, you’ll be able to catch a glimpse of a variety of breathtaking landscapes. A few hiking routes are available in the canyon for people who want a taste of adventure in the awe-inspiring natural world. Beginners and expert hikers alike will find something they like on these hikes.
Is Namibia a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you may visit one of the most famous landmarks in the city, the Spitzkoppe Rocks. The Spitzkoppe Rocks are a gorgeous and amazing destination in Namibia. Here, you will be amazed by the natural rock formations that will leave you speechless and stunned. Enjoy some of Namibia’s most breathtaking views from here.
Is Namibia a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Namibia as a family with kids, you can spend time at one of the largest wildlife reserves, Estosha National Park. It is accessible to visitors in their own vehicles. Once you’ve received a map of the park, it’s your responsibility to find the watering sites where animals congregate. Aside from elephants, rhinos, and leopards, the park is home to some of Africa’s largest and most endangered species.
Is Namibia a good place for couples?
When visiting Namibia as a couple, you can try one of the best activities in the city. Walvis Bay serves as the country’s primary port of entry and is a popular tourist attraction. Kitesurfing is possible in the lagoon because of the strong winds that sweep over the lake. Spending time together in nature is also a great way to reconnect with your loved one. In addition to the sports listed above, visitors can fish, go sailing, or dune board.
What are the best annual events in Namibia?
The best annual events in Namibia that you cannot miss are
- Bank Windhoek Arts Festival in February
- Enjando Street Festival in March
- Windhoek Karneval in April
- Oktoberfest in October
- Africa Day in May