Table of Contents
- Why go to Vermont?
- What is Vermont famous for?
- Fun Facts about Vermont
- How big is Vermont?
- When is the best time to visit Vermont?
- How many days do you need to see Vermont?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Vermont?
- Is Vermont an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Vermont?
- What food (and drinks) is Vermont known for?
- Is Vermont safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Vermont?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Vermont?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Vermont?
- Is Vermont a good place for solo travel?
- Is Vermont a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Vermont a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Vermont?
Why go to Vermont?
You must visit Vermont at least once in your lifetime because it is both a place and a state of mind that celebrates the outdoors, good food, and the preservation of small towns and cities. Fall foliage, ski resorts like Killington, Manchester, Stowe, and Mount Snow, and activities for families and kids are just some reasons visitors flock to Vermont each year.
- Church Street Marketplace
- Ben and Jerry’s Factory Tour and Ice Cream Shop
- Buttermilk Falls
- Smugglers Notch State Park
- Rock of Ages
- Green Mountain National Forest
- Quechee Gorge
- Vermont Antique Mall
- Lake Willoughby
- Bennington Battle Monument and Museum
- Paramount Theater
- Fairbanks Museum and Planetarium
- Cabot Farmers’ Village Store
- Vermont Toy Museum
- ArborTrek Canopy Adventures
- Whistling Man Schooner Company
- Club Metronome
- Killington Ski Area
What is Vermont famous for?
Vermont is famous for its forested landscape, stunning green mountains, scenic hiking paths, and destination-worthy skiing. The state is renowned for its more than one hundred gorgeous wooden-covered bridges.
Fun Facts about Vermont
- Over 500,000 gallons of maple syrup are produced in Vermont each year, making it the top producer in the United States.
- Adult slavery was outlawed in Vermont, the first state to do so.
- After the 13 colonies, Vermont was the first state to join the Union.
- The French phrase “vert mont,” which translates to “green mountain,” is the source of the state’s name.
- One area code is all that Vermont has, and they’re proud of it. Even tattoos with the number 802 can be found around town.
How big is Vermont?
Vermont is about 24,905 square km or 9616 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Vermont?
The best time to visit Vermont in May through June, and September through October are the ideal months to come and discover the best weather. Maple syrup, people, and the Vermont City Marathon await you in the late spring and early summer.
How many days do you need to see Vermont?
It will take around five days to see and enjoy all that Vermont offers, from its well-known attractions to its unique culture. To light up your journey, you must visit Brattleboro Museum & Art Center to experience watching performing arts and classical music. And on the following days, you must take the challenge from the Adventure Center to take lift rides with a stunning view and zipline.
What is the cheapest time to go to Vermont?
The low season (flights) to visit Vermont is in the month of mid or late September.
Is Vermont an expensive city to visit?
The average daily price in Vermont, based on the costs of other tourists, is $229. This is what you should budget for your trip. One day’s food and transportation cost approximately $32 and $77, respectively.
How to save money when visiting Vermont?
The best ways to save money when visiting Vermont are:
- You’ll get a lot of bangs if you choose a Vermont state park for overnight camping or a fun day.
- Make sure you book your flights in advance.
- Use local transportation.
- Pack your meals when visiting nature parks.
What food (and drinks) is Vermont known for?
Things you need to eat in Vermont before you die:
- Ben and Jerry’s ice cream
- Maple Baked Beans
- Maple Liquor
- Rye Whiskey
Is Vermont safe to visit?
This state has a relatively low risk while on vacation. It depends on what you do and where you go, but generally, it is relatively safe.
What is the best way to get around in Vermont?
The best way to get around in Vermont are:
- Green Cab
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Vermont?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Vermont are:
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Vermont are:
- Hen of the Wood
- Honey Road
- Michael’s on the Hill
- Waterbury Center
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Vermont are:
- Brattleboro Farmers’ Market
- Burlington Farmers Market
- Quechee Gorge Village Vermont Antique Mall
- Church Street Marketplace
What should I do on my first trip to Vermont?
If you are visiting Vermont for the first time, you must never miss trying to taste Vermont’s cheddar cheese, maple syrup, and the ever-popular Ben and Jerry’s ice cream. You wouldn’t want to miss the forested natural beauty, majestic green mountains, scenic hiking trails, and destination-worthy skiing Vermont offer to make your trip more enjoyable and memorable.
Is Vermont a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you would love to explore all alone. How gorgeous and safe, and it’s just the ideal size for a solo traveler to stroll around comfortably. You would love to see the gems of Vermont – The Stowe, Church Street Marketplace, Hildene, Mount Mansfield, Smugglers Notch, and other famous attractions.
Is Vermont a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Vermont as a family with kids, you will discover a great destination for family vacations because of its abundance of kid-friendly attractions and activities. During the winter and summer months, families with children can enjoy skiing, snowboarding, zip lines, and canopy tours in the mountains of Vermont. History museums, children’s museums, and enjoyable farm excursions can be great family outings.
Is Vermont a good place for couples?
When visiting Vermont as a couple, you will explore more romantic getaways and vacations. The Green Mountain State of Vermont excels. For couples looking for year-round luxury, great cuisine, and amenities like spas and hot tubs, Vermont’s resorts, hotels, and bed and breakfast inns have it all.
What are the best annual events in Vermont?
The best annual events in Vermont that you cannot miss are
- Stowe Winter Carnival in January
- Vermont Maple Festival in April
- Festival of Fools in July to August
- Burlington Discover Jazz Festival in June
- Vermont Shakespeare Festival from August to September