Table of Contents
- Why go to Fort Myers?
- What is Fort Myers famous for?
- Fun Facts about Fort Myers
- How big is Fort Myers?
- When is the best time to visit Fort Myers?
- How many days do you need to see Fort Myers?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Fort Myers?
- Is Fort Myers an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Fort Myers?
- What food (and drinks) is Fort Myers known for?
- Is Fort Myers safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Fort Myers?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Fort Myers?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Fort Myers?
- Is Fort Myers a good place for solo travel?
- Is Fort Myers a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Fort Myers a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Fort Myers?
Why go to Fort Myers?
You must visit Fort Myers at least once in your lifetime because, in Fort Myers, you and your family can get up close and personal with nature. Play on top-notch beaches, and enjoy a wide range of family-friendly attractions, restaurants, and hotels.
- Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall
- Baseball Spring Training
- Calusa Nature Center & Planetarium
- Defy Fort Myers
- Edison & Ford Winter Estates
- Fleamasters Fleamarket
- Florida Panther National Wildlife Refuge
- Florida Repertory Theatre
- Fort Myers Beach
- Fort Myers Brewing Company
- Fort Myers River District
- IMAG History & Science Center
- J.N. Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge
- Manatee Park
- McGregor Boulevard
- Mound House
- Murder Mystery Dinner Train
- Railroad Museum of South Florida
- Times Square
- The Pier
What is Fort Myers famous for?
Fort Myers is famous for its stunning sunsets, sugar-white sands, and numerous outdoor dining options.
Fun Facts about Fort Myers
- Fort Myers has more sunlight hours than Key West. Fort Myers has 271 sunny days each year, compared to 205 nationwide.
- Thomas Edison gave Fort Myers electric illumination in 1898.
- Fort Myers used to be called Fort Harvey. It got its new name as a gift for an engagement and a wedding.
- Fort Myers is one of the few where shelling charter captains can make a career.
- Tarpon fishing is one of the most prized catches in the world. It started in the late 1880s in the Pine Island Sound of Southwest Florida.
How big is Fort Myers?
Fort Myers is about 126 square km or 48 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Fort Myers?
The best time to visit Fort Myers, Florida, is the months of March and May.
How many days do you need to see Fort Myers?
Two days in Fort Myers are enough to get away from the crowds and traffic of Florida’s major cities when you need some time to rest. You can find all Florida’s best adventures, beaches, delicious food, and beautiful sunsets.
What is the cheapest time to go to Fort Myers?
The low season (flights) to visit Fort Myers is in the month of January.
Is Fort Myers an expensive city to visit?
The cost of a seven-day vacation to Fort Myers Beach for a solo traveler is $1,917; for a couple, $3,443; and for a family of four, $6,455. Fort Myers Beach hotels cost between $79 and $359 per night, with an average price of $122, while most vacation rentals cost between $240 and $560 per night. Depending on your plans, transport and dining in the area can cost anything from $69 to $126 per person per day.
How to save money when visiting Fort Myers?
The best ways to save money when visiting Fort Myers are:
- Several beautiful wildlife preserves can be explored for very little or no expense.
- For a more affordable and less crowded experience, travel during the off-season.
- You can stay at a campsite or RV park like Koreshan State Park to save money on lodging while enjoying the beautiful weather.
- At local eateries, support the local economy.
What food (and drinks) is Fort Myers known for?
Things you need to eat in Fort Myers before you die:
- Pink Gold Shrimp
- Gator Tail Bites
- Cuban Sandwiches
- Island Mojitos
Is Fort Myers safe to visit?
In the daylight, Fort Myers is a safe city. Nighttime safety is possible if you take standard precautions. Keep away from risky locations, never leave personal belongings unattended, and keep an eye on everything.
What is the best way to get around in Fort Myers?
The best way to get around in Fort Myers are:
- By car
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Fort Myers?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Fort Myers are:
- Fort Myers Beach
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Fort Myers are:
- Downtown Fort Myers
- Fort Myers Beach
- Sanibel Island
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Fort Myers are:
- Sanibel Outlets
- Bell Tower
- Miromar Outlets
- Flamingo Island Flea Market
What should I do on my first trip to Fort Myers?
If you are visiting Fort Myers for the first time, Fort Myers is the place to go if you want a relaxing getaway with a high level of class. There is a charming “old Florida” air to Fort Myers, with family-friendly beaches, compared to the frenzy of Fort Lauderdale and Miami. There are many ways to spend your first visit to Fort Myers, like relaxing on the beach, watching the sunset over the Gulf, or getting up close and personal with the wildlife.
Is Fort Myers a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you can do many different things here. Like, visit beautiful undeveloped beaches, peaceful parkland, wildlife sanctuaries, and heart-racing sports venues. You can explore the winter estates of Edison and Ford. Buildings owned and created by two notable innovators who were close friends can be found in downtown Fort Myers. The estates cover 21 acres and are a great place to spend a half day in Fort Myers. They are close to the beach.
Is Fort Myers a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Fort Myers as a family with kids, Beaches are an excellent option for families of all ages and are accessible to everyone. On the other hand, Sun Splash Family Water Park provides a refreshing alternative to saltwater. There is an artificial river and a series of high-speed slides floating down. At the Calusa Nature Center and Planetarium, you can meet reptiles, birds, and other native animals and learn about where they live in the wild.
Is Fort Myers a good place for couples?
When visiting Fort Myers as a couple, a romantic vacation to this city can be a fantastic opportunity to spend time with that person. People looking for a vacation spot with excellent food, stunning beaches, and exciting activities may consider this option. Fort Myers, Florida, has many exciting attractions and things to see and do. Couples will participate in fun activities that will entertain them and strengthen their relationship.
What are the best annual events in Fort Myers?
The best annual events in Fort Myers that you cannot miss are
- Fort Myers Seafood & Music Festival in January.
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp Festival in March.
- Taste of the Beach in May.
- Fort Myers Beach Pirate Festival in the month of October.
- Fort Myers Beach Christmas Boat Parade in December.