Table of Contents
- Why go to Cocoa Beach?
- What is Cocoa Beach famous for?
- Fun Facts about Cocoa Beach
- How big is Cocoa Beach?
- How many days do you need to see Cocoa Beach?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Cocoa Beach?
- Is Cocoa Beach an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Cocoa Beach?
- What food (and drinks) is Cocoa Beach known for?
- Is Cocoa Beach safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around Cocoa Beach?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cocoa Beach?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Cocoa Beach?
- Is Cocoa Beach a good place for solo travel?
- Is Cocoa Beach a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Cocoa Beach a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Cocoa Beach?
Why go to Cocoa Beach?
You must visit Cocoa Beach at least once in your lifetime because you’ll be able to enjoy the sun, sea, and space in this real seaside town. There are numerous attractions that everyone may want, such as the Kennedy Space Center, the best beach food this side of the coast, and numerous shore and water sports.
- Banana River Aquatic Preserve
- Brevard Zoo
- Cocoa Beach Pier
- Cocoa Beach Wellness Center
- Exploration Tower
- Fin and Fly Fishing Charters
- Fin Expeditions
- Florida Surf Museum
- Gregory’s Upstairs Comedy Club
- Historic Cocoa Village
- Island Boat Lines
- Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex
- Lori Wilson Park
- Rikki Tiki Tavern
- Ron Jon Surf School and Ron Jon Surf Shop
- Shepard Park
- Surfside Players
- The Dinosaur Store and Museum
- The Fat Snook
- The Florida Key Lime Pie Company
What is Cocoa Beach famous for?
Cocoa Beach is famous for world-class beaches and surf spots like Ron Jon’s and the Cocoa Beach Surf Company. If you’re looking for a place to go to the beach, one popular option is Lori Wilson Park. Still, there are several others to consider in Cocoa Beach.
Fun Facts about Cocoa Beach
- According to legend, a tin box labeled Baker’s Cocoa was used to deliver mail to Cocoa, which is where Cocoa Beach’s name comes from.
- Cocoa Beach is home to the biggest surf shop in the world. A total of 52,000 square feet is devoted to beach and surf equipment. A surf shop by the name of Ron Jon can be found here. There are around 2 million visitors to the shop yearly.
- Banana River has a city-owned and runs golf course.
- More than 17 miles of waterways are maintained by Cocoa Beach, with 37 city-owned canals and channels. This is for the benefit of the occupants of private residences.
- There are 70 miles of beach on the Space Coast, most of which are open to the public for free.
How big is Cocoa Beach?
Cocoa Beach is about 39 square km or 15 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Cocoa Beach?
The best time to visit the city or country is the months of March to May.
How many days do you need to see Cocoa Beach?
Cocoa Beach in Florida is a must-see destination for beach lovers. Everything you need to see may be seen in 1-3 days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Cocoa Beach?
The low season (flights) to visit Cocoa Beach is in the months of mid to late September.
Is Cocoa Beach an expensive city to visit?
Based on the expenditures of other tourists to the area, the average daily cost of a vacation at Cocoa Beach is $116. On average, visitors have spent $35 on food and $20 on local transportation for one day. In addition, a couple should expect to pay an average of $136 for a hotel room in Cocoa Beach.
How to save money when visiting Cocoa Beach?
The best ways to save money when visiting Cocoa Beach are:
- Take advantage of the FREE to visit sites in Cocoa Beach.
- You Don’t Have to Eat at Expensive Restaurants.
- Take advantage of free parking space and a free shuttle trip.
- Let loose on the city’s free skate park or paddle board for an hour and burn a few extra calories.
What food (and drinks) is Cocoa Beach known for?
Things you need to eat in Cocoa Beach before you die:
- Q’s Crackin’ Crab
- Crispy Tuna or Salmon in kimchi sauce
- Piña Colada
Is Cocoa Beach safe to visit?
According to the FBI’s crime data, a C-rated city has a slightly higher crime rate than a typical US city. Cocoa Beach is in the 44th percentile for safety, meaning that 56 percent of cities are safer and 44 percent more unsafe. There isn’t much to worry about when traveling to Cocoa Beach.
What is the best way to get around Cocoa Beach?
The best way to get around in Cocoa Beach are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Cocoa Beach?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Cocoa Beach are:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Cocoa Beach Hotel
- Homewood Suites by Hilton
- Sea Esta Villas
- The Resort on Cocoa Beach
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Cocoa Beach are:
- Florida’s Fresh Grill
- Alfredo’s Paradisio
- Thai Thai 3 Cape Canaveral
- Beef O’Brady’s – Cocoa Beach
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Cocoa Beach are:
- Everything Shells
- Westgate Cocoa Beach Pier
- Oceansports World Beach Store
- Rick Piper Gallery
What should I do on my first trip to Cocoa Beach?
If you visit Cocoa Beach for the first time. You can visit cocoa-colored soft sand beaches, warm ocean water, and tropical sunshine. Relax and watch dolphins and diving birds play in the Atlantic Ocean from the comfort of your own sun lounger. Fishermans can be seen throwing their lines from the pier and along the beach, hoping to catch a big one that is perfect for you to see.
Is Cocoa Beach a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you venture out on your own. Space Coast travel is the way to go. It’s safe, there’s a lot to do, and you’ll have a lot of chances to meet new friends. It’s even regarded as a top destination for female solo travelers. Nonetheless, it’s universally adored by everyone who visits!
Is Cocoa Beach a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Cocoa Beach as a family with kids, you will be amazed about family vacations. Cocoa Beach is a great choice. The city’s goal is to maintain a family-friendly climate in Cocoa Beach. It’s easy to have a good time in this coastal town because there’s something enjoyable to do around every corner. There is much more to see and do in Cocoa Beach with your kids.
Is Cocoa Beach a good place for couples?
When visiting Cocoa Beach as a couple, you will find it a charming but not-so-quiet destination perfect for a couple’s weekend. Couples may go deep sea fishing, relax at Lori Wilson Park, or tour the Kennedy Space Center, which are great options for a day of fun in the sun! We can almost guarantee that you’ll fall in love with the Cocoa Beach neighborhood and come back soon for another fantastic vacation!
What are the best annual events in Cocoa Beach?
The best annual events in Cocoa Beach that you cannot miss are
- Space Coast Birding & Wildlife Festival in January
- Cocoa Village Mardi Gras Party & Parade in February
- Cocoa Village Spring Craft Fair in March
- Ron Jon Easter Surfing Festival (Easter Weekend)in March
- Art of Harleys Festival in May