Table of Contents
- Why go to Clearwater?
- What is Clearwater famous for?
- Fun Facts about Clearwater
- How big is Clearwater?
- When is the best time to visit Clearwater?
- How many days do you need to see Clearwater?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Clearwater?
- Is Clearwater an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Clearwater?
- What food (and drinks) is Clearwater known for?
- Is Clearwater safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Clearwater?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Clearwater?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Clearwater?
- Is Clearwater a good place for solo travel?
- Is Clearwater a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Clearwater a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Clearwater?
Why go to Clearwater?
You must visit Clearwater at least once in your lifetime because It’s no surprise that it is a popular location for tourists of all ages and interests. Long stretches of white sand, gentle Gulf breezes, and crystal-clear water make the city’s beaches some of the best in the country.
- Aspirations Winery
- Beach Walk
- Big Storm Brewing Co.
- Captain Memo’s Pirate Cruise
- Clearwater Beach and Pier 60
- Clearwater Marine Aquarium
- Cliff Stephens Park
- Congo River Golf
- Caladesi Island State Park
- Frenchy’s Rockaway Grill
- Fred Marquis Pinellas Trail
- Honeymoon Island State Park
- Moccasin Lake Nature Park
- Nancy and David Bilheimer Capitol Theatre
- Palm Pavilion Beachside Bar and Grill
- Ruth Eckerd Hall
- Sand Key Park
- StarLite Cruises
- The District
- Wildflower Café
What is Clearwater famous for?
Clearwater is famous for its white sand and turquoise waters and its proximity to downtown hotels, restaurants, and tourist attractions.
Fun Facts about Clearwater
- The Clearwater, Florida beaches run 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) along the Gulf of Mexico and are situated on a barrier island.
- The Tocobagan Indians were the first people to live in Clearwater.
- A waterway separates Clearwater Beach from Clearwater’s mainland.
- Even the dolphins are celebrities in Clearwater.
- Clearwater is the Only Beach Town that is Recognized by Other Beach Cities.
How big is Clearwater?
Clearwater is about 93 square km or 36 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Clearwater?
The best time to visit the city or country is between October and December.
How many days do you need to see Clearwater?
2 to 5 days is enough to absorb the beauty of Clearwater.
What is the cheapest time to go to Clearwater?
The low season (flights) to visit Clearwater is in the month of August.
Is Clearwater an expensive city to visit?
Clearwater’s average daily cost is $241, based on the costs of other tourists, so you should expect to spend that much on your holiday. One day’s food and transportation costs average $38 and $177, respectively. In addition, the average hotel rate for a couple in Clearwater is $208. So see for yourself the budget you will spend when you visit.
How to save money when visiting Clearwater?
The best ways to save money when visiting Clearwater are:
- Walk instead of driving
- Take advantage of the Pier 60 festival’s free admission.
- Take advantage of the Sunset Cinema’s free outdoor showings under the stars, just a short walk from Pier 60.
- If you’re looking for a cheap boat ride, look no further than the Clearwater Ferry.
What food (and drinks) is Clearwater known for?
Things you need to eat in Clearwater before you die:
- Bénédictine cocktail
- Piña Colada
Is Clearwater safe to visit?
The crime rate in Clearwater, Florida, is greater than the state average, but this is based solely on the number of residents. The city is relatively safe, especially when you take tourists into account. Larceny/theft and burglary are the second and third most common types of property crime, respectively.
What is the best way to get around in Clearwater?
The best way to get around in Clearwater are:
- Clearwater Ferry
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Clearwater?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Clearwater are:
- South Beach
- North Beach
- Sand Key
- Downtown Clearwater
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Clearwater are:
- Ristorante Acqua Alta
- Bait House
- Big Storm Brewing Co.
- Clear Sky Beachside Cafe
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Clearwater are:
- Westfield Countryside Mall
- Pelican Walk Plaza
- Clearwater Mall
- Mandalay Avenue
What should I do on my first trip to Clearwater?
If you are visiting Clearwater for the first time. You may consider attending waterfront activities, terrific beach bars, and a dynamic year-round event schedule. A wide variety of hotels, fresh seafood, and, of course, miles and miles of breathtaking beaches are the main attractions.”
Is Clearwater a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will be just a short drive from Tampa Bay, a popular vacation spot. The Clearwater Beach region is a hive of activity for a solo traveler that will enjoy exploring the city’s diverse neighborhoods and attractions. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for a posh restaurant or a quiet cove; you’ll find it all in one of Clearwater’s most lavish hotels.
Is Clearwater a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Clearwater as a family with kids, you agree that it is a beautiful destination for families because of the calm waves and warm, shallow water. Clearwater Beach is only 30 minutes from Tampa and two hours from Orlando, so it’s a great place to start a trip to Disney World and Legoland Florida for kids.
Is Clearwater a good place for couples?
When visiting Clearwater as a couple, you will know that finding love in sunny Florida is possible. Absolutely! Couples looking for a beautiful vacation should look no farther than stunning beaches, warm weather, and many activities. Clearwater, Florida, is the ideal destination for a romantic weekend away with your significant other.
What are the best annual events in Clearwater?
The best annual events in Clearwater that you cannot miss are
- Tampa Bay Blues Festival in April
- Clearwater Jazz Holiday in October
- Chalk Art Festival in October
- John LeVieuq Pirate Days in May
- Light It Up Clearwater in December