Table of Contents
- Why go to Estes Park?
- What is Estes Park famous for?
- Fun Facts about Estes Park
- How big is Estes Park?
- When is the best time to visit Estes Park?
- How many days do you need to see Estes Park?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Estes Park?
- Is Estes Park an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Estes Park?
- What food (and drinks) is Estes Park known for?
- Is Estes Park safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around Estes Park?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Estes Park?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Estes Park?
- Is Estes Park a good place for solo travel?
- Is Estes Park a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Estes Park a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Estes Park?
Why go to Estes Park?
You must visit Estes Park at least once in your lifetime because it is the first town you pass through on your way into Rocky Mountain National Park. RMNP has many restaurants, hotel options, and the park’s visitor center. Some of your best early-morning photo ops can also be found here, so you must visit.
- Estes Park Aerial Tramway
- Fun City
- Jackson Stables
- Kent Mountain Adventure Center
- Lake Estes Marina
- MacGregor Ranch Museum
- Open-Air Adventure Park
- Rapid Transit Rafting
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Seven Keys Lodge
- The Stanley Hotel
What is Estes Park famous for?
Estes Park is famous for Estabrook Park, Colorado’s most famous mountain town, outdoor activity, animal viewing, and breathtaking scenery.
Fun Facts about Estes Park
- An upland valley in the Alpine is referred to as a “park.”
- Joel Estes and his wife Patsy were the town’s first permanent residents, named after them.
- The Rocky Mountain Highway in Rocky Mountain National Park is the highest continuous paved road in the United States. It is 48 miles long and 12,183 feet tall.
- Three million people visit Rocky Mountain National Park each year, with a rise in the summer and fall months.
- About 400 bighorn sheep live in Rocky Mountain National Park at any given time, serving as the park’s trademark.
How big is Estes Park?
Estes Park is about 17 square km or 7 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Estes Park?
The best time to visit Estes Park, Colorado, is the months of July, August, and September.
How many days do you need to see Estes Park?
You should spend at least 3 days exploring Rocky Mountain National Park to get the whole experience.
What is the cheapest time to go to Estes Park?
The low season (flights) to visit Estes Park is in the months of mid to late September.
Is Estes Park an expensive city to visit?
This will guide you on how much every traveler can spend for a week. Estes Park typically costs $2,041 for a single visitor, $3,666 for a couple, and $6,872 for a family of four to visit for seven days. With an average price of $141 per night, Estes Park hotels range from $80 to $364 per night, while most vacation rentals cost between $270 and $510.
How to save money when visiting Estes Park?
The best ways to save money when visiting Estes Park are:
- Utilize the free seasonal shuttle service to get about downtown Estes Park.
- If you’d prefer to dine at a table-service establishment, go for lunch rather than the evening. Lunch menus are usually less expensive than dinner menus, but you may receive the same quality and experience.
- At the North Saint Vrain Avenue parking structure, there are 415 free parking spots. Real-time parking lot availability data is available for all town’s public parking.
- There is much to see and do in Estes for free, from free galleries to public art. There are no admission fees at any art galleries or shops, so you can peruse thousands of photographs, paintings, pottery, blown glass, and more.
What food (and drinks) is Estes Park known for?
Things you need to eat in Estes Park before you die:
- Chicken Tikka
- Saag Paneer
- Colorado wine
Is Estes Park safe to visit?
Estes Park is not a town that sees a lot of criminal activity. Even the locks on the doors of many of the cottages that are available for rent don’t actually work. If you decide to pitch a tent for a night or two, the only risk is being approached by a wild animal.
What is the best way to get around Estes Park?
The best way to get around in Estes Park are:
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Estes Park?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Estes Park are:
- Downtown Estes Park
- Castle Mountain
- Lake Estes
- Tyrol Mountain Inn
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Estes Park are:
- Rock Inn Mountain Tavern
- The Egg of Estes
- Bird & Jim
- Paravicini’s Italian Bistro
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Estes Park are:
- Wild Horse Gift Shop
- Village Thrift Shop
- Trendz at the Park
- Estes Park Mountain Shop
What should I do on my first trip to Estes Park?
If you are visiting Estes Park for the first time, you must try horseback riding. Also, whitewater rafting for a more active experience. And if you’re a fan of salty taffy, you’re in luck because Estes Park has taffy stores that have been there since the 1930s. In a mountain town like Estes Park, Colorado, it might seem odd to provide something like that. Yet, almost a century ago, it was a famous concession and is well worth the calories today.
Is Estes Park a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you need to know that there is no shortage of things to do for you. As the tallest mountain in the Rocky Mountains and the red-rock tablelands of the Colorado Plateau, it encompasses a wide swath of terrain. Snowboarding, off-roading, and long-distance hiking are just some ways you may experience as a lone traveler in Colorado’s charm.
Is Estes Park a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Estes Park as a family with kids, you must see The Rocky Mountains, National Park. It is a great place to have a family vacation. The natural outdoors fascinates children, allowing them to run free and get up close and personal with nature. There is so much to learn from this beautiful and natural setting, and we adore it for that reason.
Is Estes Park a good place for couples?
When visiting Estes Park as a couple, you will catch the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. Estes Park is a haven for thrill-seekers and foodies alike. For a romantic retreat for two, you can go on a scenic drive and watch the sunrise at Sprague Lake. You can also have dinner at Twin Owls Steakhouse, have a massage for two, or simply relax with a glass of wine.
What are the best annual events in Estes Park?
The best annual events in Estes Park that you cannot miss are
- Estes Park Wine and Chocolate Festival in February
- Scandinavian Midsummer Festival in June
- Estes Park Duck Race Festival in May
- Rooftop Rodeo in July
- Estes Park Wine Festival in August