Table of Contents
- Why go to Costa Rica?
- What is Costa Rica famous for?
- Fun Facts about Costa Rica
- How big is Costa Rica?
- When is the best time to visit Costa Rica?
- How many days do you need to see Costa Rica?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Costa Rica?
- Is Costa Rica an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Costa Rica?
- What food (and drinks) is Costa Rica known for?
- Is Costa Rica safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Costa Rica?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Costa Rica?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Costa Rica?
- Is Costa Rica a good place for solo travel?
- Is Costa Rica a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Costa Rica a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Costa Rica?
Why go to Costa Rica?
You must visit Costa Rica at least once in your lifetime because there are countless places to see when on vacation in Costa Rica. This beautiful country has a reason to swoon over every one of its visitors! The Caribbean and Pacific coasts of Costa Rica account for over 800 kilometers of stunning coastline.
- Arenal Volcano
- Braulio Carrillo National Park
- Caño Negro Wildlife Refuge
- Corcovado National Park
- Diamante Eco Adventure Park
- Irazu Volcano National Park
- La Paz Waterfall Gardens
- Mal Pais
- Manuel Antonio National Park
- Monteverde Cloud Forest Biological Reserve
- Nicoya Peninsula
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- San Jose
- Tabacón Hot Springs
- The National Theater, San Jose
- Tortuguero National Park
What is Costa Rica famous for?
Costa Rica is famous for its natural beauty, abundant biodiversity, delicious coffee, and progressive administration. Make the city a popular tourist destination. Costa Rica is also known for its beautiful beaches, the Pura Vida way of life, and delicious food.
Fun Facts about Costa Rica
- It’s one of the world’s happiest places.
- Every morning, the radio plays the national anthem.
- Life expectancy is high.
- Breakfast is incomplete without gallo pinto.
- There are over 500,000 different types of wild animals.
How big is Costa Rica?
Costa Rica is about 51,100 square km or 19 730 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Costa Rica?
The best time to visit Costa Rica is the months of December to April.
How many days do you need to see Costa Rica?
A week or more is suggested if you want to see everything the nation has to offer. You can take advantage of the diverse range of activities and biodiversity, as well as more possibilities to discover the culture and huge natural landscapes like a resident.
What is the cheapest time to go to Costa Rica?
The low season (flights) to visit Costa Rica is May, June, Mid September November.
Is Costa Rica an expensive city to visit?
Costa Rica is a relatively priced vacation destination, particularly when compared to Nicaragua and Guatemala, as well as other Central American budget destinations. However, it is still less expensive than the United States or Western European nations, so you may anticipate paying less. You can accomplish things considerably more cheaply if you are more selective.
How to save money when visiting Costa Rica?
The best ways to save money when visiting Costa Rica are:
- Staying in the dormitories is a good idea. Because lodging in Costa Rica is so costly, living in dorms will save you a lot of money.
- Eat at Sodas – Sodas are inexpensive local eateries. Given the price difference between local and imported items, you’ll almost certainly find a fantastic deal on soda. They also tend to provide better meals than the more tourist-oriented establishments.
- Do not use a travel agent – It is cheaper to book straight through the hotel’s website than through a travel agent, who will add money to the price of your hotel stay.
- Don’t drink too much alcohol – A bottle of local beer costs around $2.50. If you only drink tap water, you’ll have much more money to spend on other things.
What food (and drinks) is Costa Rica known for?
Things you need to eat in Costa Rica before you die:
- Casado – is a typical family supper that may be found on any table or kitchen counter. It consists primarily of rice and beans, with one or two pieces of fried sweet plantains, veggies, coleslaw, and an omelet. It’s usually served with steak, chicken, fish, or pork.
- Arroz con pollo – is a popular meal in the country. It’s a favorite birthday celebration dish in Costa Rica since it can serve a large group. Chicken rice (yellow rice, peas, carrots, corn, and chicken strips) is used to make it.
- Agua dulce – This hot beverage is produced by heating milk or boiling water and adding a piece of tapa de dulce. It is made from sugarcane juice that has been boiled and hardened in a mold.
- Resbaladera – is a cold, creamy drink typically created in Costa Rica’s northern area. Rice, barley, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, vanilla, water, milk, and nutmeg make Resbaladera.
Is Costa Rica safe to visit?
Costa Rica is a risk-free destination. As we’ll see in a moment, the most significant concerns revolve around petty thievery in popular tourist destinations. You should take precautions on the streets of big cities, especially after dark.
What is the best way to get around in Costa Rica?
The best way to get around in Costa Rica are:
- Local buses – are a cost-effective and dependable mode of transportation in Costa Rica.
- Shuttles – The tourist-van shuttle services are more expensive than regular interstate buses. Gray Line, Easy Ride, Monkey Ride, Tropical Tours, and Interbus all offer shuttle services.
- Shuttle Service for a Group – Shared shuttles are an inexpensive means to travel from one location to another, from the airport, or to a specific location.
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Costa Rica?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Costa Rica are:
- Tamarindo – is a great Costa Rican beach town that has everything you might want in a Costa Rican beach town! Tamarindo is located in the Guanacaste Province on Costa Rica’s Pacific coast and has a lot to offer. It features magnificent beaches a crazy nightlife and is a major surfing destination.
- Drake Bay – This is a secluded village, not a hive of tourist activity, and hence one of Costa Rica’s safest regions. That means you and your family won’t have to struggle for a spot to lay your beach towel! Drake Bay’s primary beach is Playa Colorada, with a few eateries and a pleasant, calm sea!
- San Jose – is the ideal location to explore all of Costa Rica’s best spots to stay! San José is a must-see for travelers since it has some of the country’s best cheap hotels and hostels.
- Puerto Viejo de Talamanca is located in the southeast corner of Costa Rica. It’s located on the beautiful Caribbean coast and is known for its black sand beaches and the famous Salsa Brava surf break!
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Costa Rica are:
- La Criollita — San José
- Lizard King Café — Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Tin Jo — San José
- Doris Metropolitan — San José
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Costa Rica are:
- Mercado Central
- Avenida Escazu
- Souvenir Museum
- City Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Costa Rica?
If you are visiting Costa Rica for the first time, Explore La Fortuna, the Arenal Volcano, and the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Between Alajuela and La Fortuna, a couple of unique craft towns exist to explore. There are active volcanoes, hot springs, hiking, zip lining, and calm spa services to enjoy at La Fortuna once you arrive.
Is Costa Rica a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you must visit all of these Costa Rican sites ideal for a solo traveler, including Tamarindo, Santa Teresa, Puerto Viejo, Nosara, and La Fortuna. When you travel alone, you have the freedom to do whatever you want without having to consider the opinions of others. You may do everything from yoga to surfing to paddleboarding for seven days.
Is Costa Rica a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Costa Rica as a family with kids, you must try the canopy tours. Get an aerial view of Costa Rica’s rainforests instead of navigating them on foot, one of the most beautiful places on Earth. The country’s first zip-line, the Original Canopy Tour, is located in Monteverde. Children can zip across the lines using a guide without worrying about controlling their own speed.
Is Costa Rica a good place for couples?
When visiting Costa Rica as a couple, you must catch the sunrise on the Caribbean Coast. While you’re gone, wake up early, get a cup of coffee, and go outside to watch the sunrise. The sun rises over the ocean horizon on Costa Rica’s Caribbean side, making it your favorite place to watch the sunrise. The beaches around Puerto Viejo and Tortuguero have a clear view of the horizon. They’re less crowded than those on the Caribbean side, so you’re more likely to get a spot for yourself and your love.
What are the best annual events in Costa Rica?
The best annual events in Costa Rica that you cannot miss are
- Festival de las Artes in April
- Virgen de Los Angeles Day in August
- Carnavales de Limón in the month of October
- Fiestas Palmares in January
- Semana Santa in March