Table Of Content
- Why go to Oman?
- What is Oman famous for?
- Fun Facts about Oman
- How big is Oman?
- When is the best time to visit Oman?
- How many days do you need to see Oman?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Oman?
- Is Oman an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Oman?
- What food (and drinks) is Oman known for?
- Is Oman safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Oman?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Oman?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Oman?
- Is Oman a good place for solo travel?
- Is Oman a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Oman a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Oman?
Why go to Oman?
You must visit Oman at least once in your lifetime because its peaceful nature provides guests with everything they need to unwind and find serenity. All the shops in Oman close early, adding to the peaceful atmosphere created by the country’s natural beauty. The majority of the population is unaware of the country’s hidden treasures. Natural splendor and tranquility abound, as do its wonderful people.
- Al Ayn
- Jabrin Fort
- Jebel Harim
- Jebel Shams
- Khor ash Sham
- Masirah Island
- Misfat al Abriyeen
- Mughsail Beach
- Muttrah Souk
- Nakhal Fort
- Nizwa Fort
- Ras Al Jinz Turtle Reserve
- Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
- Sumhuram Old City
- Wadi Bani Awf
- Wadi Bani Khalid
- Wadi Nakhr Canyon
- Wahiba Sands
What is Oman famous for?
Oman is famous for its clean, salty air, making it a popular destination for tourists and locals. The Omani sweets known as Omani Halva are a must-try when visiting Muscat, the capital of Oman. UNESCO-listed castles, palm groves, and stunning beaches are just a few of the country’s natural wonders.
Fun Facts about Oman
- The Arabian Oryx Is Oman’s National Animal.
- In the Middle East, Oman has the longest-lasting royal family.
- There are four UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Oman.
- Oman is a major oil exporter.
- Oman may be one of the quietest countries in the world.
How big is Oman?
Oman is about 309,500 square km or 119,499 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Oman?
The best time to visit Oman is the months of October to March.
How many days do you need to see Oman?
With 10 days, you’ll have enough time to see everything Oman offers while also having time to unwind and enjoy yourself.
What is the cheapest time to go to Oman?
The low season (flights) to visit Oman is June to September.
Is Oman an expensive city to visit?
Depending on your budget, Oman might be very inexpensive or quite pricey.
How to save money when visiting Oman?
The best ways to save money when visiting Oman are:
- Make sure to stick to outdoor activities that are completely free.
- Go to a local market for your souvenir shopping.
- Set up a tent (or use Airbnb).
- Eat like a real local
What food (and drinks) is Oman known for?
Things you need to eat in Oman before you die:
- Majboos – Cooked rice with spicy red or white meat is the basis for this cuisine.
- Shuwa – is an Omani delicacy only served on rare occasions, such as the Eid al-Fitr festival.
- Laban – Oman’s national drink is a yogurt-and-buttermilk mixture.
- Kahwa – are often served with dates or halwa, which are very strong and bitter coffees.
Is Oman safe to visit?
Oman is a secure place to visit. Apart from street violence and petty vandalism, there isn’t anything to worry about because the people are really kind and pleasant toward tourists.
What is the best way to get around in Oman?
The best way to get around in Oman are:
- Car rental – is the most convenient and flexible way to see the country. Plus, renting a car is an affordable option.
- By Car – Driving yourself throughout the country is the most convenient mode of transportation.
- By Bus – Buses connect every significant city in the country. Buses travel at a reasonable speed and provide adequate comfort.
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Oman?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Oman are:
- Nizwa – a secluded mountain retreat, awaits visitors. One of the country’s most significant forts, as well as gorgeous mosques and souqs, can be found in this picturesque city.
- Muscat – is Oman’s main international airport, and you’ll likely begin and conclude your journeys here.
- Sur – If you’re looking for a quiet getaway with plenty of things to do with the whole family, head to Sur.
- The Wahiba Sands – This is the place to go if you’re looking for a desert getaway. In this place, you can forget your concerns and live like Aladdin.
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Oman are:
- Al Hadiqa Street
- The Chedi Muscat
- Al Maisan
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Oman are:
- Nizwa Souq
- Al Husn/Haffa Souq
- City Center Muscat
- Salalah Gardens Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Oman?
If you are visiting Oman for the first time, wear comfortable walking shoes. You’ll spend a lot of time on your feet, discovering its alleys, beaches, and mountains. Muscat is a popular getaway for Gulf citizens whose nations may not have been as lush or offer the same variety of recreational activities.
Is Oman a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you have the chance to discover and enjoy it on your own. Oman is the ideal destination for a solitary traveler looking for a mix of traditional culture and modern conveniences. If you want to experience the beauty of the desert like Lawrence of Arabia, you can go dune bashing, wild camping, and visit desert communities.
Is Oman a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Oman as a family with kids, you have various options to choose from to have the best memories together. Every family member can find fun and relaxation on Oman’s beautiful beaches and welcoming locals. There’s an adventure for everyone, from camping in the desert with Bedouin nomads to observing turtles hatch on a seashore.
Is Oman a good place for couples?
When visiting Oman as a couple, you have a lot of activities to do together. There are plenty of chances to get out and camp, walk, and wander; restaurants; and nighttime get-togethers with other people.
What are the best annual events in Oman?
The best annual events in Oman that you cannot miss are
- Muscat Festival in January and February
- Traditional Boat Races in January
- Salalah Tourism Festival in July and August
- Cultural Theater Program in December to March
- Oman National Day in November