Table of Contents
- Why go to Nepal?
- What is Nepal famous for?
- Fun Facts about Nepal
- How big is Nepal?
- When is the best time to visit Nepal?
- How many days do you need to see Nepal?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Nepal?
- Is Nepal an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Nepal?
- What food (and drinks) is Nepal known for?
- Is Nepal safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Nepal?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Nepal?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Nepal?
- Is Nepal a good place for solo travel?
- Is Nepal a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Nepal a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Nepal?
Why go to Nepal?
You must visit Nepal at least once in your lifetime because Nepal is home to the world’s tallest peak, Mount Everest, which can be seen here. People who reside there name it Sagarmatha. In addition to a rich culture and history, several natural wonders can be found here. This country may find ten of the world’s fourteen tallest mountains. One of the greatest places in the world to do white-water rafting, trekking, and climbing.
- Bardia National Park
- Boudhanath Stupa
- Casinos in Kathmandu
- Chandragiri Hills
- Chitwan National Park
- Everest Base Camp
- Hemja, Pokhara
- Kathmandu Durbar Square
- Mount Everest Helicopter
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Patan Durbar Square
- Phewa Tal Lake
- Sagarmatha National Park
- Swayambhunath Stupa
- Tea Gardens
- Upper Seti River
What is Nepal famous for?
Nepal is famous for its mountain peaks and is considered the best location for outdoor sports. Nepal is home to various outdoor activities, including mountain climbing, canyoning, and white water rafting.
Fun Facts about Nepal
- The World’s Tallest Mountains
- The World’s Deepest Canyon
- Mount Everest’s First Known Title
- There was once a lake in the center of Kathmandu.
- Endangered Animal Sanctuary
How big is Nepal?
Nepal is about 147,516 square km or 56,956 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Nepal?
The best time to visit Nepal is the months between October and December, the sky is a bright shade of blue, and the scenery is breathtaking. The weather will be dry until around April. However, temperatures will vary from area to region. In January and February, Namche Bazaar had average lows of 6°C.
How many days do you need to see Nepal?
Considering the country’s cultures, landscapes, and ecosystems, it’s easy to see how one might spend weeks touring Bhutan. In three days, you may see Nepal’s top attractions. Nepal’s greatest hikes take two weeks to complete.
What is the cheapest time to go to Nepal?
The low season (flights) to visit Nepal is in January. Make your reservation at least five weeks before you want to travel to get a better deal. The high season is considered to be from November to January.
Is Nepal an expensive city to visit?
Nepal is definitely a place to visit that won’t break the bank. When compared to other countries, it is very cheap. Generally, the prices of places to stay are not too high or too low. There are many hostels, dorms, and guesthouses from which to choose.
How to save money when visiting Nepal?
The best ways to save money when visiting Nepal are:
- Make use of ride-hailing services.
- Try to get the best deal possible.
- You should dine at local restaurants instead of going out to eat.
- Hostels are a better option than hotels.
What food (and drinks) is Nepal known for?
Things you need to eat in Nepal before you die:
- Momo – are dumplings filled with minced buffalo, chicken, pig, and veggies.
- Wo or Bara – Nepal’s Newari make wo pancakes. Wo is cooked with green or black lentil batter. Light and snackable Dal patties. Non-vegetarians can add chicken and egg to Bara.
- Everest beer – is an inexpensive rice-based Nepali beer. Beer fans should try it. Limbu people drink Raksi, another indigenous alcohol, with pig or beef.
- Dal Bhat – consists mostly of rice, lentil soup, and either a veggie or meat and chicken curry.
Is Nepal safe to visit?
In most areas, traveling in Nepal as a tourist is a risk-free endeavor. Even though the overall crime rate is rather low and the populace is typically friendly, travelers should exercise caution throughout this country owing to the inherent natural risks. This is the case although the country as a whole has a relatively low crime rate.
What is the best way to get around in Nepal?
The best way to get around in Nepal are:
- Local Bus
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit Nepal?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Nepal are:
- Kathmandu Marriott Hotel
- Pokhara – Temple Tree Resort
- Lumbini – Buddha Maya Garden Hotel
- The Soaltee Kathmandu
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Nepal are:
- Rosemary Kitchen And Coffee Shop.
- Bhojan Griha.
- Fire And Ice.
- Yangling Tibetan Restaurant.
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Nepal are:
- King’s way
- New road
- Civil Mall
What should I do on my first trip to Nepal?
If you are visiting Nepal for the first time, staying in Kathmandu for more than one day is recommended. Seeing Mount Everest, the highest mountain in the world, is the most popular activity in Nepal. The journey to Mount Everest Base Camp is an experience that can only be had once in a lifetime. Still, to do it, you must have previous trekking experience and be prepared to spend a whole week on the journey. You shouldn’t book an Everest Base Camp tour. You should try dal bhat, pack something compact and lightweight to leave at the base camp, and go for a swing!
Is Nepal a good place for solo travel?
Nepal is a popular place for people who like to travel alone when traveling solo. Seeing the world on your own, without feeling like you have to fit in with a group, is freeing and has its benefits. Nepal is a great place for a single trip because it is one of the safest places in the world. Trekking is a memorable activity that is also quite popular. Trekking in Nepal is a visual and sensory experience like no other. The Everest Base Camp Trek, the Annapurna Base Camp Trek, the Gokyo Lake Trek, the Poon Hill Trek, the Langtang Valley Trek and the Mardi Himal Trek are just a few of the most popular Nepal solo treks. During the monsoon season, you may do the Jomsom Muktinath Trek and Annapurna Circuit Trek in Nepal. Nepal’s Trans-Himalayan and rain-shadow regions are the best places to conduct these treks.
Is Nepal a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Nepal as a family with kids, Nepal is perfect if you appreciate being physically active, spending time in nature, and engaging with the local culture. Bring diners who are not scared to try new foods and possess a good amount of curiosity. Chitwan National Park is the destination for viewing tigers and rhinoceros that you may explore with your loved ones.
Is Nepal a good place for couples?
When visiting Nepal as a couple, Nepal is a wonderful destination to travel for a honeymoon since it is not only about Mount Everest and climbing mountains. However, it is something that some couples might like doing. Instead, there are a great many other things to do in Nepal. Pokhara is home to some of the world’s most breathtaking lakes, while Kathmandu is known for its cultural treasures that you can visit.
What are the best annual events in Nepal?
The best annual events in Nepal that you cannot miss are
- Navavarsha: National New Year’s Day in April
- Gai Jatra in August/September
- Dashain in the month of Late September/October
- Holi: aka ‘the Festival of Colours’ in February/March
- Indra Jatra in September/October