Table of Contents
- Why go to the Maldives?
- What is the Maldives famous for?
- Fun Facts about the Maldives
- How big is the Maldives?
- When is the best time to visit the Maldives?
- How many days do you need to see the Maldives?
- What is the cheapest time to go to the Maldives?
- Is the Maldives an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting the Maldives?
- What food (and drinks) is the Maldives known for?
- Is the Maldives safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in the Maldives?
- What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit the Maldives?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to the Maldives?
- Is the Maldives a good place for solo travel?
- Is the Maldives a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is the Maldives a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in the Maldives?
Why go to the Maldives?
You must visit the Maldives at least once in your lifetime because the tropical island country of Maldives may be found in the middle of the Indian Ocean. The breathtaking islands are known for their laid-back atmosphere. It gives visitors an experience most accurately compared to spending time on a remote island while benefiting from luxurious accommodations, mouthwatering cuisine, attentive staff, and a diverse selection of exciting pursuits.
- Adaaran Club Rannalhi
- Artificial Beach Male
- Banana Reef
- Bluetribe Moofushi
- Fua Mulaku Island
- Fulhadhoo Beach
- Huvafen Fushi Underwater Spa & Resort
- Maadhoo Beach
- Maakeyolhu Fishing Charters
- Male Fish Market
- Male Local Market
- Mulee’aage Palace
- National Museum
- Secret Paradise
- Shangri-La’s Villingili Resort & Spa
- Velaa Private Island
What is the Maldives famous for?
The Maldives is famous for the country’s lively culture, crystal-clear green seas, and dazzling white sand beaches that reach as far as the eye can see. And, of course, there are luxury overwater bungalows. Expansive areas of vegetation and unique points of interest.
Fun Facts about the Maldives
- Even though it has more than 1,200 islands, only a quarter of them have people living on them.
- The Maldives held the first-ever cabinet meeting that took place underwater.
- You will be able to swim with some of the largest fish in the ocean on this trip.
- Beaches are a pleasant surprise!
How big is the Maldives?
The Maldives is about 298 square km or 115 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit the Maldives?
The best time to visit the Maldives is between November and April. Visiting in March or April (apart from the Easter holidays, when rates are higher) is ideal if you want to take advantage of the warm, dry weather and fewer crowds.
How many days do you need to see the Maldives?
The Maldives islands may be explored in 4 to 5 days at most. Five days is enough time to see all the main attractions.
What is the cheapest time to go to the Maldives?
The low season (flights) to visit the Maldives is in March. The months of January, November, and December are regarded to be the busiest.
Is the Maldives an expensive city to visit?
As a collection of atolls and islands spread over the Indian Ocean, the Maldives is Asia’s smallest country and one of the world’s most costly vacation destinations.
How to save money when visiting the Maldives?
The best ways to save money when visiting the Maldives are:
- Make sure to verify the pricing of water sports before you book
- Look out for additional fees and taxes
- Decide on a place to stay and tickets to travel
- Make a reservation for an All-Inclusive Meal Package
What food (and drinks) is the Maldives known for?
Things you need to eat in the Maldives before you die:
- Different Maldivian curries and parotha
- Masroshi is a snack from the Maldives.
- Minicoy, India-based Bonda (Bondi)
- The traditional Punjabi dish of mas huni served with chapati (roshi)
Is the Maldives safe to visit?
Tourists are generally safe in the Maldives since they visit uninhabited islands. The imprisonment and crime rates are low. Always watch your valuables when visiting public places—especially beaches—and don’t leave them unattended.
What is the best way to get around in the Maldives?
The best way to get around in the Maldives are:
What neighbourhoods or areas should I stay in when I visit the Maldives?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting the Maldives are:
- Mohamed’s Airbnb
- Gangehi Island Resort
- Madivaru Kro
- Niyama Private Islands
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting the Maldives are:
- The Hive Restaurant
- Saffron Café
- Mandhoo Restaurant
- Ithaa Undersea Restaurant
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting the Maldives are:
- Male Local Market
- Majeedhee Magu
- Le Cute
- STO Trade Centre
What should I do on my first trip to the Maldives?
If you are visiting the Maldives for the first time, you should be aware of the country’s high costs owing to the country’s limited resources. The only locally produced goods in the nation are fish and coconuts; everything else must be imported. As a result, the price of everything has increased since the resort owners have to pay to ship the materials to remote islands. As a responsible tourist, you should make an effort to protect the Maldives’ natural beauty and marine ecosystem while you’re there on vacation.
Is the Maldives a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, Maldives is an excellent choice. Identifying when public boats are operating is easy. Depending on the resort’s procedures, you can get to the resort islands by boat or seaplane. The best way to see the nearby islands is on foot or with a bicycle rental. Due to the area’s beauty and inexpensive cost, Maafushi is a great place to visit. If you want to see dolphins and snorkel, you should take your own trips.
Is the Maldives a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting the Maldives as a family with kids, Maldives is a child-friendly destination because there are so many activities suitable for children and families, it is reasonable to claim that the. Kids are guaranteed to be entertained for days on end by the presence of tropical fishes, dolphins, treasure hunts, beaches, snorkeling, and swimming.
Is the Maldives a good place for couples?
When visiting the Maldives as a couple, there is no question that the Maldives is a wonderful location for a honeymoon. The Maldives offer a wide variety of activities that are perfect for couples, such as spending the day on a private island, unwinding at an underwater spa, taking a leisurely stroll down the beach, and diving.
What are the best annual events in the Maldives?
The best annual events in the Maldives that you cannot miss are
- Whale Shark Festival in August
- Republic Day in November
- Eid Festival in September
- National Day in October
- Prophet’s Birthday in October