Why go to Albania?
You must visit Albania at least once in your lifetime because Albania’s beaches are likely to be one of the most essential “sights” on a visitor’s itinerary. The coasts of Albania are among the greatest in Europe. Albania’s coastline is dotted with lovely beaches. There are sand and pebble beaches in this area. Albania’s Albanian Riviera is the country’s most beautiful coastline region.
What is Albania famous for?
Albania is famous for its touristy. Visitors to the Albanian Riviera are increasingly drawn in by the natural beauty of the region’s unspoiled beaches and other natural wonders. Many individuals who have never gone to Albania wonder if it’s safe to go there. Definitely, you may go there without any worries.
Fun Facts about Albania
- The country’s population is a meager 3 million people. Outside of Albania, there are more Albanians than within its borders. Between seven and 10 million Albanians are said to be living in the diaspora.
- Mother Teresa has been hailed as a national hero. In addition, she is Albania’s sole Nobel Prize winner.
- Albanians are primarily Muslim. This is due to the fact that the country was ruled by the Ottomans. In the 14th century, Islam was brought to the nation, but by the 17th century, the majority of the population had converted to Islam.
- When Albania was declared an atheist state in 1967, it was the first of its kind. Enver Hoxha imposed a three-to-ten-year prison sentence on anybody who defied the law.
- The present Republic of Albania is the country’s fourth republic. On the 29th of April, 1991, it was founded.
How big is Albania?
Albania is about 28,748 square km or 11099 square miles in size
When is the best time to visit Albania?
The best time to visit Albania is the months of April-June and September-October. Avoid the sweltering coastal summer heat and the brutal alpine cold of winter.
How many days do you need to see Albania?
You can enjoy Albania’s culture and history in around four days or less, making it an excellent choice for a long weekend trip.
What is the cheapest time to go to Albania?
The low season (flights) to visit Albania is in the months of May, June, and July. January is the most affordable month to go to Albania.
Is Albania an expensive city to visit?
Albania is a budget-friendly destination. Tourists can find accommodations at a lower cost in Albania than in other European nations. The daily cost of travel for one person is around €42. At a hotel, a double bed costs between €25-€40.
How to save money when visiting Albania?
The best ways to save money when visiting Albania are:
- Free walking tours are fantastic ways to learn about the city and its landmarks, as well as a chance to ask a local guide any questions you may have. Berat and Shokdr both offer free walking tours as an additional option for seeing the cities.
- If you want to save money, make your own meals in one of the many hostels that have kitchens available. The cost of food is low, and there are several farmer’s markets in the area.
- Get to know the city and its people by staying with a local via Couchsurfing, which is an excellent way to save money and meet a knowledgable local.
- Walk everywhere — Albanian towns and cities are walkable, so avoid public transit and taxis.
What food (and drinks) is Albania known for?
Things you need to eat in Albania before you die:
- Ferges – summer stew
- Byrek – Albanian Pie
- Raki – Traditional Alcoholic Beverage
- Tavë Kosi – Baked Chicken in Yoghurt
Is Albania safe to visit?
Albania is a relatively safe place to visit. There is some minor crime in Albania, but it’s nothing out of the ordinary for a big metropolis. The crime rate is low, and the residents are kind and accommodating. Visitors are seldom victims of violent crime, in contrast to many residents who have dubious driving practices.
What is the best way to get around in Albania?
The best way to get around in Albania are:
- Vans or shuttles
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Albania?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Albania are:
- Berati Castle Hotel
- The Golden Rooster
- Ames Hotel & Spa
- Resort Del Mar
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Albania are:
- Era Flloku
- Tartuf Shop Restaurant
- La Gioia Tirane
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Albania are:
- Pazarii Ri.
- Gallery 43.
- Universe Shopping Mall.
- Toptani Shopping Center.
What should I do on my first trip to Albania?
If you are visiting Albania for the first time, there are so many things to see and do on your first visit, but you don’t want to spend hours driving throughout the country. We advise you to try a variety of things. Just one museum and one castle are plenty. Consider visiting a national park, World Heritage Site, or beach in addition to a few fine eateries.
Is Albania a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you should consider a trip to the Balkans and make a stop in Albania. The tourist industry in Albania is very new. The people of Albania are kind and welcoming and happy that you’ve decided to visit their nation. In Muslim-majority areas like Shkodra, where you may get strange stares, it’s best to have your head covered up. Still, on the Albanian shore, you may wear anything you want.
Is Albania a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Albania as a family with kids, you should go between the months of April through June. This period is warm but not oppressively, making them excellent for family vacations. Summer is the most fantastic time to visit Albania if you want the most ideal weather. There are many kid-friendly activities throughout the year.
Is Albania a good place for couples?
When visiting Albania as a couple, you should see the Albanian Alps provide some of the most beautiful landscapes in Albania, and the Balkan Peninsula for romantic getaways. As a mountain community, Theth offers stunning views of high mountains and unspoiled woods. The church is attractive, and the medieval dwellings are pleasant, too. This lovely village tucked away in Albania’s north is the ideal destination for couples looking to reconnect with nature.
What are the best annual events in Albania?
The best annual events in Albania that you cannot miss are
- Dita e Veres.
- National Festival Of Urban Folk Songs.
- Gjirokastër Folk Festival.
- Tirana International Film Festival.
- Albanian Independence Day.