Table of Contents
- Why go to Tupelo?
- What is Tupelo famous for?
- Fun Facts about Tupelo
- How big is Tupelo?
- When is the best time to visit Tupelo?
- How many days do you need to see Tupelo?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Tupelo?
- Is Tupelo an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Tupelo?
- What food (and drinks) is Tupelo known for?
- Is Tupelo safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Tupelo?
- What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Tupelo?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Tupelo?
- Is Tupelo a good place for solo travel?
- Is Tupelo a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Tupelo a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Tupelo?
Why go to Tupelo?
You must visit Tupelo at least once in your lifetime because this city is where rock and roll legend Elvis Presley was born and has much to offer to visitors of all tastes. Outdoor activities like touring Veteran’s Park or driving along the Natchez Trace Parkway can be enjoyed year-round in the city, which is warm and sunny most of the year. There’s always plenty to do in the city’s museums, boutiques, and historical monuments, no matter what time of year it is. Tupelo is a great weekend destination for couples, families, or even solo travelers.
- BancorpSouth Arena
- Barnes Crossing
- Brices Cross Roads National Battlefield
- Café 212
- Chickasaw Village Site
- Downtown Tupelo Main Street
- Elvis Presley Birthplace and Museum
- Gumtree Museum of Art
- Mugshots Grill and Bar
- Natchez Trace Parkway
- Oren Dunn City Museum
- Paradox Games and Escape Rooms
- Relics Antique Market
- Street Murals
- Tombigbee Lake State Park
- Trace State Park
- Tupelo Buffalo Park & Zoo
- Tupelo Community Theatre
- Tupelo Hardware Company
- Tupelo Veterans Museum
What is Tupelo famous for?
Tupelo is famous for being the birthplace of the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley.
Fun Facts about Tupelo
- Tupelo’s name is derived from a Native American word. It is stated that the word Tuh Pu Lah means to scream or make a loud noise.
- Six times in the last 50 years, the National Civic League has recognised Tupelo as an All-America City.
- As Tupelo’s major employer, the North Mississippi Medical Center is the largest non-metropolitan medical complex in the United States.
- The Tennessee Valley Authority initially provided electric power to Tupelo’s residents, making it a national pioneer.
- There are 17 Fortune 500 companies in the Tupelo area.
How big is Tupelo?
Tupelo is about 167 square km or 64 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Tupelo?
The best time to visit Tupelo, Mississippi, is the months of April and October.
How many days do you need to see Tupelo?
Tupelo can be fully explored for one to two days.
What is the cheapest time to go to Tupelo?
The low season (flights) to visit Tupelo is in July.
Is Tupelo an expensive city to visit?
Solo travelers can expect to pay $1,448 for a seven-day vacation to Tupelo; couples can expect to pay $2,601, and families can expect to pay $4,875 per person. With an average price of $81, Tupelo hotels range in price from $53 to $241 per night, while most vacation rentals cost between $140 and $720 per night. The cost of transportation and dining out in the area might range from $34 to $92 per person per day, depending on your plans.
How to save money when visiting Tupelo?
The best ways to save money when visiting Tupelo are:
- Visit during the off-season.
- Ask for discounts.
- Have a walking tour.
What food (and drinks) is Tupelo known for?
Things you need to eat in Tupelo before you die:
- Steak Sandwich
- Smash Burger
- “The King’ Popsicle
- Cheesesteak Rolls
Is Tupelo safe to visit?
Tupelo’s safety ranking puts it in the 42nd percentile of the nation’s cities, which means that only 58% of cities are riskier than Tupelo. Tupelo’s annual crime rate is 29.82 per 1,000 people. The northwest section of Tupelo is typically considered to be the safest area among residents of the city.
What is the best way to get around in Tupelo?
The best way to get around in Tupelo are:
- By car
- By tour bus
- On foot
What are the neighbourhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Tupelo?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Tupelo are:
- Travelodge Tupelo
- Hampton Inn Tupelo
- Comfort Inn Tupelo
- Baymont Inn & Suites Tupelo
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Tupelo are:
- Blue Canoe Bar & Grill
- Neon Pig Cafe
- Fairpark Grill
What are the best neighbourhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Tupelo are:
- Barnes Crossing Shopping District
- Downtown Shopping District
- Relics Antique Marketplace
- Midtown Shopping District
What should I do on my first trip to Tupelo?
If you visit Tupelo for the first time, spend some time wandering around the city or relaxing in nature. This city is known as the birthplace of Elvis Presley. You can spend your first time visiting his neighbourhood; the grounds are available to the public and can be walked on for free. Admission is required if you wish to see the museum, church, or home.
Is Tupelo a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will find the city of Tupelo fantastic! The town features several excellent outdoor areas. Veterans and Ballard Parks offer a wide range of recreational opportunities, such as walking, hiking, and fishing. In addition to the splash pad and disc golf course, Veterans Park is home to a magnificent Vietnam War Memorial. Baseball games and other sporting events are available in Ballard, as are picnic sites.
Is Tupelo a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Tupelo as a family with kids, you will have a great time because this city is a great spot to visit with children, with a wide range of activities, from Elvis encounters and animal safaris to a beautiful downtown and a burger that has been voted the finest in the country. Spend a few days in Tupelo to soak in the laid-back atmosphere and see this charming southern city for yourself.
Is Tupelo a good place for couples?
When visiting Tupelo as a couple, you can have a “us” revolution in Tupelo, whether this is your first vacation or your fifth decade of traveling together. You’ll leave with a new or renewed connection to Tupelo and each other – from personalised dance classes to late-night live music! It’s your getaway – think about what you can do here.
What are the best annual events in Tupelo?
The best annual events in Tupelo that you cannot miss are
- World of Customs Auto Show in February.
- Tupelo Blue Suede Cruise in April through May.
- Gumtree Art & Wine Festival in May.
- Tupelo Elvis Festival in June.