Table of Contents
- Why go to Pasadena?
- What is Pasadena famous for?
- Fun Facts about Pasadena
- How big is Pasadena?
- When is the best time to visit Pasadena?
- How many days do you need to see Pasadena?
- What is the cheapest time to go to Pasadena?
- Is Pasadena an expensive city to visit?
- How to save money when visiting Pasadena?
- What food (and drinks) is Pasadena known for?
- Is Pasadena safe to visit?
- What is the best way to get around in Pasadena?
- What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Pasadena?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
- What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
- What should I do on my first trip to Pasadena?
- Is Pasadena a good place for solo travel?
- Is Pasadena a good place to visit for a family with kids?
- Is Pasadena a good place for couples?
- What are the best annual events in Pasadena?
Why go to Pasadena?
You must visit Pasadena at least once in your lifetime because Pasadena is the ideal destination to get away from it all. Thanks to its ancient structures, lush landscapes, and abundant natural light provided by the state’s abundant sunshine. More than a million people visit Pasadena each year after Christmas to see the floats and watch one of the year’s most prestigious college football bowl games. They come from all around.
- Arlington Garden
- Bungalow Heaven
- Colorado Street Bridge
- Eaton Canyon Nature Center
- Historic Old Pasadena
- Huntington Library and Gardens
- Ice House Comedy Club
- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Kidspace Children’s Museum
- Lucky Baldwin’s
- Norton Simon Museum
- Pasadena City College Flea Market
- Pasadena City Hall
- Rose Bowl Stadium
- The Gamble House
- The Pasadena Playhouse District
- St. Andrew Catholic Church
- Storrier Stearns Japanese Garden
- USC Pacific Asia Museum
- Vroman’s Bookstore
What is Pasadena famous for?
Pasadena is famous for the Rose Bowl Parade and football games held in Pasadena each year. Still, the city is also home to NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory and the California Institute of Technology (CalTech), two of the country’s most prestigious scientific research institutions.
Fun Facts about Pasadena
- Over 2,200 sellers and one million goods are sold during the Rose Bowl Flea Market.
- The cheeseburger was developed in Pasadena in 1926 by Lionel Sternberger.
- More than 1,000 acres of lush green space can be found in Pasadena’s 23 parks.
- In 1902, the inaugural Rose Bowl football game was held.
- Pasadena is home to Vroman’s Bookstore, Southern California’s oldest and largest independent bookstore.
How big is Pasadena?
Pasadena is about 59 square km or 23 square miles in size.
When is the best time to visit Pasadena?
The best time to visit Pasadena, California, is the months of June through August.
How many days do you need to see Pasadena?
Three days is the ideal amount of time to see Pasadena. Visit the city’s historical landmarks, beautiful parks, and museums, and then go shopping at the city’s flea markets.
What is the cheapest time to go to Pasadena?
The low season (flights) to visit Pasadena is in the month of early to mid-September.
Is Pasadena an expensive city to visit?
A seven-day trip to Pasadena costs, on average, $1,782, $3,200, and $6,000 for a family of four. With an average price of $123 per night, hotels in Pasadena range from $68 to $191 per night, and vacation rentals cost $200 to $520 per night for the entire house. The average daily price based on the spending of previous visitors to Pasadena is $50, so you should budget that much for your stay.
How to save money when visiting Pasadena?
The best ways to save money when visiting Pasadena are:
- Spend your time in the parks.
- Have a walking tour.
- Eat at local restaurants.
- Visit museums that have free admissions.
What food (and drinks) is Pasadena known for?
Things you need to eat in Pasadena before you die:
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Rose Bowl Cocktail
Is Pasadena safe to visit?
Pasadena has a low crime rate and a significant police presence; therefore, the overall risk is minimal. It’s a good idea to watch thieves during the Tournament of Roses festivities, as the crowds can get quite enormous. Because of the nearly year-round brightness, the weather should be just like the rose gardens.
What is the best way to get around in Pasadena?
The best way to get around in Pasadena are:
- By train
- By bus
- By bicycle
What are the neighborhoods or areas I should stay in when I visit Pasadena?
The best areas you should stay in when visiting Pasadena are:
- Sheraton Pasadena
- Courtyard Marriott
- Langham Huntington
- The Westin Pasadena
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for food?
The best areas for food and drinks when visiting Pasadena are:
- Greater Pasadena
- Echo Park/Silver Lake
- Downtown Pasadena
- Old Pasadena
What are the best neighborhoods or areas for shopping?
The best areas for shopping when visiting Pasadena are:
- Distant Lands
- Vroman’s Bookstore
- Rose Bowl Flea Market
- Pasadena City College Flea Market
What should I do on my first trip to Pasadena?
If you are visiting Pasadena for the first time, you can spend your first trip Pasadena by visiting the Huntington Library. This is a one-stop shop for everyone who enjoys educational content. With a little pond and plenty of room to roam, the outside of the house is an oasis of peace and tranquility. The Rose Bowl Stadium is also a great place to visit. You may not know, but there is a flea market at the stadium every month while the game isn’t taking place.
Is Pasadena a good place for solo travel?
When traveling solo, you will enjoy Pasadena as this area is fun and pedestrian-friendly. This place is perfect even though it is in the middle of the city rather than a rural setting. The site is pretty, usually safe, and busy because there is a big mall with many shops and entertainment options just a short walk away.
Is Pasadena a good place to visit for a family with kids?
When visiting Pasadena as a family with kids, you and your family will have fun! Pasadena offers several parks and museums for your family to enjoy. These include Brookside Park, near the Rose Bowl and Kidspace Children’s Museum; Central Park, near the metro station; and Singer Park, which provides playgrounds for children.
Is Pasadena a good place for couples?
When visiting Pasadena as a couple, you will feel the romantic vibes of the city! Pasadena is filled with inspiring, fun, and romantic places, which might be ideal for the whole lot, from a date night in Old Town Pasadena to a proposal.
What are the best annual events in Pasadena?
The best annual events in Pasadena that you cannot miss are
- Pasadena Chalk Festival in June.
- Pasadena International Film Festival in June.
- AmericaFest Celebration in July.
- Rose Parade in January.
- San Gabriel Valley Pride Festival in the month of October.